Position: Business Analyst Sr
Location: Houston, TX, United States (No travel anticipated)
Contract Duration: Contract( April 2017 to July 2017)
The SABER Business Analyst is part of the SABER project team reporting to the project manager and will work with the SABER project leadership and other project BA's to understand, document, investigate, design, confirm, test, deploy, and support a solution for financial planning and reporting. The position is accountable to represent business needs and document business requirements to the project team and ensure delivery of appropriate solutions against those requirements. This individual should be knowledgeable in financial implementations and be able to efficiently facilitate groups of business users to gain detailed understandings of requirements, processes, and detailed use case definitions. Further, this resource should have strong design process and discipline to guide the team through the design process.
• Eliciting, analyzing, defining, and documenting Finance business and solution requirements
• Reviewing range of solutions available and working with the project team to evaluate those options to provide the best solution to meet business requirements
• Facilitating the definition of project requirements, use cases, process flows, scope, goals, and deliverables
• Work to support project OCM resources to define implementation and roll out approaches and to support the execution of those implementations.
• Work to support project Test lead to define and review testing materials and to support testing activities.
• Reporting on project progress, problems and solutions to the project leadership, other project BA's and to IT Business Partner
• Partner with the Finance Global Process Teams (GPT's) in developing strategies and identifying process improvements related to the project
• Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, MIS or related IT field
• 3 or more years' experience demonstrating analytical and problem-solving skills
• 3 or more years' direct experience work in solution design, build, testing, and deployment of IT solutions using a common process or framework
• 1 or more years' experience in finance
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to influence
• Proficient (perform the skill with limited assistance) with Microsoft Office tools
• Demonstrated experience in an IT Business Analyst role
• Past Hyperion Planning experience or working with finance resources on solutions
• Able to work independently, self-motivated with strong customer relationship skills
• Works well in a team environment and ability to build and maintain positive relationships
• Demonstrated abilities to think strategically, both IT and business
• Demonstrated experience in project lifecycle methodology and tools
• Demonstrated experience in the Oil & Gas Industry
Education Level Required:
Engineering Graduate Or Relevant Experience.