|Reference # : ||19-00323
||Title : ||Operations Center Support Lead (KEY)|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||09/12/2019
| Description |
|Data Systems Analysts, Inc. is searching for an Operations Center Support Lead that can integrate tightly into a fast-paced Government team at Army Futures Command in Austin, Texas. This position requires an Operations Center Lead who can assist in the coordination of command and control for operational planning orders and assist in coordinating command and control for responses to contingencies and crisis situations.|
This work is expected to be accomplished in Austin, Texas with potential infrequent local travel. This support may require routine shift work during non-standard duty hours (1700 hrs - 0800 hrs) and regularly scheduled weekend shifts.
Tasks may include:
• Drafting summary products, required reports, notifications, operational messages, and information papers as required for Government review and approval and disseminate daily AFC operations.
• Providing recommendations to the Government team for suggested responses to events/crises and provide prudent analytical input on potential or emerging threats so the watch team can deliver relevant and timely information to the appropriate decision making level.
• Monitoring and evaluating all pertinent message traffic received by AFC and coordinate comprehensive reports for review and approval by the Government.
• Reviewing and analyzing all situation reports and make a concise substantive reporting recommendation to the Governmental Operations leadership.
Requirements include: SECRET CLEARANCE
• Familiarity with knowledge management and database tools, such as TMT and Automated Message Handling System.
• Experience with handling classified documents
• 5-10 years of experience in Operations Center support
Familiarity with the US Army or other DoD entity.
Familiarity with working in a DoD Operations Center at the division level or above.
High school diploma or GED
MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE DOD CLEARANCE ; this will be verified prior to interview. Therefore, only US Citizens can be considered for this position.
Founded in 1963, Data Systems Analysts, Inc. (DSA) has been providing Defense and Federal Government customers' business-driven Information Technology and consulting solutions and services for more than 50 years. DSA's people excel in helping our customers achieve sensitive, mission-critical business goals and objectives. DSA is a 100 percent employee-owned company: every employee has a stake in the success of our company and our customers.Our culture embraces training and development opportunities that include leadership programs, employee networks, continued education, and much more. We recognize that building expertise in your profession benefits everyone, and our leadership training programs help employees better manage their projects, inspire coworkers and customers to action, and reinforce DSA's guiding principles since 1963.
We also value the unique combination of skills, abilities, aspirations, and backgrounds of every individual — our diversity makes us stronger. We are 100 percent employee-owned through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).DSA employees receive customizable benefits that are highly competitive in each local market that include a Vanguard 401K. DSA provides equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants without regard to an individual's protected status; race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.
DSA will provide necessary reasonable accommodation to ensure that an individual with a disability who is not able to fully utilize DSA's online job application system is provided with equal opportunity to apply and be considered for all jobs. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email HR @dsainc.com or call 1-877-422-4372 .