|Reference # : ||18-00169
||Title : ||Senior Financial Analyst|
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||05/22/2018
| Description |
|A Senior Financial Analyst with at least 5 years experience in the financial services industry and data mining experience needed for a permanent, full-time position.|
Work with a dynamic, growing team - relocation assistance available!
This position will perform a full range of budgetary and reporting duties, and work closely with many corporate functions including corporate accounting, operations, and marketing to develop quarterly and annual profit plans for a multi-state, multi-unit company. The primary responsibility of the role is to support the annual operating budget as well as the long-term strategic planning for the company.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the development of a "bottoms-up” profit plan by requesting and summarizing data from multiple locations and configuring the data into meaningful information on a unit, product group and consolidated basis.
- Support the development of annual operating budgets, quarterly forecasts and financial strategic plans.
- Prepare quarterly reforecasts of results based upon actual year-to-date results.
- Build financial models and provide analytical support for existing and new business initiatives. Analyze "what if” scenarios, providing meaningful feedback and recommendations.
- Preparation of monthly analysis of plan versus actual results, by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; while making suggestions for improvement.
- Provide root cause variance explanations, highlighting new business opportunities as well as identifying inherent risks.
- Demonstrate insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts, to provide practical counsel to business area partners and management in order to drive business results.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related field.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience, preferable in the financial services industry
- Advanced knowledge of quantitative analysis using Microsoft Excel is essential for this position.
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems Ability to multi-task and work in a challenging fast paced environment.
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
- Relational Database or Data Warehouse skills ( SQL Server) a plus
Candidates must possess advanced communication skills, both written and verbal, along with the ability to successfully work within a team environment.
Why work for this company? Work with a growing, industry-leading team. Great benefits!
Forbes Magazine Ranks Greenville #13 Top Metro Areas for Young Professionals: Forbes Magazine ranked the top 15 metro areas for young adults in the nation last week based on incomes and job growth. Greenville came in at 13 - one slot behind Boston and just ahead of Little Rock. Leaders of the Chamber's PULSE Young Professionals program also believe Greenville ranks high because of it is quality of life that includes access to the mountains, beaches and a vibrant downtown.
Perceptive Recruiting, headquartered in Greenville, SC, has over 18 years of IT recruitment experience. We have relationships in the local job markets and we'll connect you with hiring managers. Perceptive Recruiting also believes that having a great relationship with you helps us understand your goals and aspirations so that we can find the right fit for you. We offer resume writing and interviewing coaching to help provide you with the best chance of success, and we'll follow up to keep you updated on the status of your opportunities. Connect with us now at http://www.perceptiverecruiting.com. Perceptive Recruiting is an equal opportunity employer.