|Reference # : ||18-00089
||Title : ||Security Analyst - 12 month contract|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||04/09/2018 / 04/08/2019
| Description |
|Security Analyst with K-12 experience needed for a long-term contract opportunity in Columbia, SC.|
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
K-12 Security Program Transition Support Engineer
Support the transition of the K-12 security program of the Division of Information Security (Client) from a security sensor monitoring program, to an active defense program utilizing DNS Malware protection. The engineer will assist school districts and libraries with implementing a cloud base DNS Malware protection system, decommissioning, recovering and disposition of security monitoring systems and infrastructure across all South Carolina school districts and libraries.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist school districts in configuring their DNS systems to utilize state provided DNS Malware protection system and how to troubleshoot.
- Shutdown, recover and decommission security sensors comprised of open-source CENTOS Linux platforms
- Work with Division of Information Security to decommission all K12 security monitoring infrastructure in the State Security Operations Center and the removal of the K12 SIEM (Security Information Event Management System).
- Work with school district technology staff to ensure proper operation of DNS Malware protection service.
- Provide technical support to school district technical staff with regard to DNS Malware operations in a large variety of network configurations.
- Complete hardware sanitization of systems and all property transfer to State Surplus or the State SOC infrastructure inventory.
Bachelor's degree, or 4 years of experience in Linux system administration.