|Reference # : ||19-01046
||Title : ||UNIX/Linux System Admin|
|Position Type : ||Full Time/Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||10/28/2019
| Description |
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelor's Degree and 7 years of relevant work experience; OR Masters and 5 year of relative experience; OR 11 years of relevant work experience in lieu of a degree
- 7 years of experience or more as a Unix/Linux system administrator, with 5 years specific to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (RHEL 7).
- 5 years of experience or more using IBM WebSphere Application Server managing and supporting enterprise applications.
- 3 years of experience or more with Ansible creating and running playbooks and automating operating system installation.
- 3 years of experience or more using Logical Volume Manager (LVM) to manage logical volumes or file systems.
- 2 years of experience or more using Bash Scripting to automate daily OS level tasks, monitoring
- 2 years of experience or more using Perl Scripting to automate daily OS level tasks, monitoring
- Must be US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green card holder)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Experience in following technical areas:
- Linux boot process though Firmware, GRUB, Kernel and system Initialization phase.
- "init” and "system,” system and service management programs.
- Support of more than 100+ servers/VMs in production servers.
- "nmcli” or "ip” tools in Linux networking.
- RPM and YUM package installations, system/server patch and upgrades, maintain NFS services in Linux.
- Backup and restore tools
- Storage and Logical volume management.
- Apache Web Server (configuration, making virtual server, SSL/TLS).
- Splunk (admin or operator level).
- Monitoring products such as Nagios, or any other tool
- LDAP and Kerberos (setting up as a client and configuring with AD)
- Experience with Linux security using sudo, selinux, firewall etc.
- Working knowledge of Networking OSI 7-Layer Model, LAN, WAN, Wireshark, F5 Loadbalancers (is a plus).
- Knowledge of DNS (MX, A, PTR), SMTP (Sendmail and Postfix)
- Experience with source control using GIT and BitBucket.
- Experience with Java-based application troubleshooting experience using monitoring tools (e.g., introscope) and log debugging using splunk.
- Experience in ticketing system: Client service manager and/or Remedy.
- Experience in enterprise level web applications: installing, configuring and troubleshooting experience, and coordinating and communicating with different levels of team members.
- Experience in monitoring application and OS health on a daily basis.
- Experience in developing and deploying tools (e.g., Docker, Puppet, Jenkins).
- Cloud experience.
- Experience with systems application life cycle. Prior Federal government experience.