Job Title: Business Process Data Analysis
Duration: 3 months plus contract
Our client, one of the world's leading publishers is looking for Business Analyst for their Seattle WA location.
- Become a SME for detailed end to end platform/system/services, assigned to one or more agile teams. Intake business requirements (under direction of the TPM). Inform and support TPMs in identifying dependencies, understanding tradeoffs and impacts as well as options for key strategic growth and feature development – 20%
- Member of the agile team responsible for ongoing decomposition of epics to user stories, ongoing grooming and collaboration with the team to ensure stories are sprint ready, and then tracked and delivered per acceptance criteria- 45%
- Communication, tracking and collaboration with product, UX, program and engineering to ensure alignment, highlights and escalations to TPM/triad on a regular basis- 10%
- Identifies cross team dependencies and drives cross team story development and alignment in defining and delivering end to end solutions- 20%
- Attend weekly meetings with TPM, UX , Program and Engineering. Help to foster a culture of commitment and action and ensure impediments and risks are well understood and have the right information to make informed decisions about how to mitigate/proceed- 5%
The Business Analyst is responsible for the epic decomposition and detailed story development in collaboration with TPMS, Program Mgmt, UX, and Engineering. The BA takes a leading role in ensuring that dependencies on other teams are understood and appropriately reflected across team backlogs. Reporting to the Technical Product Manager, this role is an individual contributor with strong technical acumen, interpersonal skills, and communication skills. The person in this role is a master negotiator with the unique ability to manage and think strategically while keeping the details clearly aligned and understood.
Knowledge & Experience :
- 4-6 years of industry experience in a well established, business analysis/product architect role with a proven track record of success
- Candidates must be well-versed in agile/scrum methodology and have demonstrable working knowledge of maintaining a well groomed backlog, development comprehensive user stories, working collaboratively with engineering, UX, product and business stakeholders to develop meaningful stories and epics.
- Must possess a deep understanding in related creative tracks. Specifically design as well as interactive development, copywriting and content strategy
Digital Skills/Capabilities :
- Proficient to expert in: Process
- Ability to think holistically about systems and customer
- Ability to understand and depict end-to-end customer flows as well as understand and explain meaningful back end systems and processes
- Ability to think "at scale” and support sustainable processes and best practices
- Strong verbal communication skills, with experience presenting to all levels of clients and co-workers
- Excellent analytical and process-oriented skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Previous supervisory experience strongly desired