|Reference # : ||17-00043
||Title : ||Sr. Scala/ Java Software Engineer|
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||07/25/2017
| Description |
|At Trillium, we assist our clients in finding just the right candidates to fit their needs! They are currently seeking a Sr. Java developer to join their team on a full time basis. The developer will work with a team of peers to develop products to support the company's business strategy. As a member of the development team, the candidate will work closely with stakeholders, business analysts, and other software engineers to design and develop responsive web sites and applications aligned with business goals. The ideal candidate is a passionate problem solver that is highly focused, agile, and who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative and team-centric environment using the latest technologies.|
- Work with a team of peers to architect, design and implement new applications or feature sets in support of strategic business and IT initiatives.
- Actively participates in all adopted Agile activities such as stand-ups, retrospectives, Continuous Delivery, TDD, ATDD, BDD (Behavior Driven Development) and knowledge sharing across team members.
- Aggressively and proactively tests software throughout development cycle; inclusive of functional/unit-testing, and TDD (Test Driven Development).
- Collaborates with Quality Assurance engineers in test case construction, issue identification, and remediation and automation
- Continuously improves, refines, and refactors software
- Provides ongoing product support and maintenance escalated from Support team
- Participates in the evolution and application of Agile/Lean/Kanban practices
- BS in Computer Science (or similar qualifications) and 2 years of experience on an Agile delivery team
- 2+ years of development using Scala/Play/Akka or similar frameworks– Lightbend stack (previously TypeSafe) preferred.
- Eager to learn Scala if not currently using.
- Experience with or willingness to learn Scala Test, Specs2, Gatling, Angular, Docker, Redis, ES6, Gulp, Rabbitmq highly preferred
- 7+ years of web-based development experience in Scala, Java, or C#
- Understands, articulates, and conforms to core OOP and functional programming principles.
- Experience with industry standard design patterns (Gang of Four [GOF])
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using Git, Team City, and Chef or similar tools
- A commitment to developing solid, tested, high performance valuable software
- Experience working within/constructing micro service architectures is preferred.
- Experience in a pair programming environment is a plus, or the willingness to learn
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Ability to work well with a wide variety of people with varying technical skill sets and business knowledge is required.
- Comfortable offering input across requirements phases and distilling the product into MVPs (Minimum Viable Products)
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Must be able to quickly assess problems and determine proper steps to resolution.
- Extra points if you are familiar with Reactive platforms and Reactive Programming