|Reference # : ||18-00015
||Title : ||Director, Project Management Office|
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||03/08/2018
| Description |
|At Trillium, we assist our clients in finding just the right candidates to fit their needs! They are currently seeking a Director of Project Management Office to oversee the organization's portfolio of IT projects, ensuring that projects are completed on time, within budget, and to the satisfaction of the stakeholder.|
- Defines the organization's project management methodology and establishes processes for tracking and delivering projects.
- Leads the implementation of methodologies throughout the department and communicates process to business units.
- Leads the development of tools for project planning, execution, project management, ongoing milestone/deliverable tracking, communications, and key performance metrics.
- Establishes project teams and distributes the project workload.
- Supervises staff to ensure achievement of department and corporate goals and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with IT leaders, will establish the performance of IT resources, and provide management of overall budget, goals, issues and prioritizations.
- Recommends policies, practices and procedures that have a significant impact on the organization.
- Analyzes, improves and manages complex project plans to ensure resource and milestone expectations are being met and provides project status, open items, gaps and proposals to leadership/steering committee for approval, prioritization and/or resolution.
- Serves as a liaison between project teams, external clients, or other functional areas of the organization.
- Act as business advisor on projects related to business process improvement and automation, to ensure that all project objectives are being achieved.
- Manages vendor and consulting relationships and negotiates project-related contract services.
- Ensures vendor delivery and manages on-going external relationships.
- Oversees the procurement and budgeting function within IT.
- Effectively communicate and manage project expectations to project managers, owners, sponsors, team members, and other stakeholders in a clear concise fashion.
- Develops reports and comprehensive dashboards for regular updates and reviews with steering committee and others.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree, Project Management, Business or Information Systems
- 10 - 12 years experience
- Minimum 6 years of experience managing software development and rollout type projects
- Minimum 3 years of supervision experience is required, experience leading a team is strongly preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is strongly preferred.
- Expertise in developing detailed plans for complex projects involving challenging requirements, limited resources, and fixed deadlines.
- Expertise in Project Management Institute guidelines on project management standards.
- Intermediate computer and Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint) skills are required.
- Expertise with project management software is required.
- Ability to learn new technology is required.
- Ability to manage an ongoing governance structure for the projects of the program.
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic team and fast-paced environment with continuous challenges.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Ability to identify and seek information and perform research.