This position will have a primary responsibility for soliciting, gathering and documenting detailed business requirements from key business personnel and must be able to convert the requests into a workable solution to present to technology staff. They will work directly with internal and external clients, requiring good communication skills, as well as fundamental technical troubleshooting abilities. They will also need to manage user acceptance testing and coordinate testing environment schedules and setups for their respective projects. Their jobs will include working closely with and taking direction from Program & Project Managers to implement a solution throughout the company. At times, it may be required for this position to manage smaller projects, communicating and coordinating with various departments and staff to ensure successful delivery on target dates with proper adherence to company standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Elicit and document quantitative business cases for product backlog using advanced Excel macros and formulas
· Present business cases to executive management and facilitate ROI discussions
· Utilize Enterprise Architect (EA) v. 13 for all Business Documentation
· Create and Maintain Business Requirements documentation and facilitate requirements review sessions
· Contribute business analysis and technical analysis to determine business impacts with the ultimate goals of completing a Business Requirements Document, including financial and process analysis
· Create process decompositions using Enterprise Architect for current and future states
· Create detailed process decompositions for current and future states using Enterprise Architect and/or Visio
· Create Logical ERD Diagrams and Data Flow Diagrams
· Work with Database Architects to transform Logical ERDs into Physical ERDs
· Work with IT Architects and Engineers to build contingency plans
· Create RFIs and RFPs for Product Backlog
· Create detailed user stories and work with IT Architects and Engineers to decompose identified features into non-functional, system, and functional user stories
· Manage small to mid-sized projects and/or co-manage mid-sized to large projects under the guidance of a Senior Project Manager or Program Manager
· Determine project scope and execute scope management plans
· Determine project risks and execute risk management plans
· Track key project milestones and adjust project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers
· Communicate project status, issues and risks within and outside of the project team
· Responsible for keeping manager informed of any important aspects of a project in a timely manner
· Support Quality Assurance in creating and executing test plans, documenting faults/errors, reporting test progress against requirements.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop broad knowledge and understanding of business & technology areas
· Develop broad knowledge and understanding of appropriate business tools
· Any other duties that can be safely performed as requested by manager
Education and Experience
· 4-year college degree Required
· At least 5 years working knowledge as a Business Systems Architect
· Experience managing projects from inception to completion
· Must have experience as a Developer
· Extensive experience with process modelling
· MBA a plus
· Experience with Insurance products a plus
Project Management Professional (PMP)® a plus
Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP)® a plus
Software certifications a plus
Database certifications a plus
Equipment to be used
Telephone, Computer, Calculator, Fax, Copier
- Must be able to understand complex requirements and design appropriate Business Architecture to meet them
- Time management skills, a diligent work ethic and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills with excellent listening skills
- Must be able to manage diverse projects with a clear understanding of how they relate to corporate objectives, requirements, and priorities
- Expert knowledge in Excel, PowerPoint and Visio is required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Project
- Must be detail-oriented, extremely organized, and have exceptional writing and communicating skills
- Good presentation skills to all levels of leadership with proven expertise in managing meetings, presentations.
- Experience with Oracle any version above 9i a plus
- Must be able to work with a diverse group of people at all levels of the organization, across multiple lines of business, and who possess varying degrees of technical competency
- Risk assessment, negotiation and problem resolution skills
One to three months, depending on knowledge and experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop or kneel.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise love in the work environment is usually moderate.
Degree of Supervision
In this position, the individual must be fully able to independently manage day-to-day activities while taking direction from a Project Manager or the PMO Director.