The Senior Salesforce Developer develops, configures, codes, tests, and debugs complex new software, enhancements to existing proprietary software or purchased software packages. In conjunction with functional users and IT Business Systems personnel, the Senior Salesforce Developer assists with the design and documentation of the Company’s application software environment, regularly provides guidance and training to less experienced programmer/analysts, and is responsible for leading application development projects of a very high complexity.
• Integrates reporting with the use of Salesforce.com Web Service.
• Resolves web problems and issues using Rest API/Soap API; utilizes Apex and Visualforce to create custom controllers and extensions.
• Conceptualizes, prepares and creates detailed technical specifications; writes, tests, analyzes, and implements high quality code according to specifications utilizing experience with data retrieval and integration across multiple platforms.
• Conducts daily deployments to the QA environment, including manual changes, Changesets, data loader instructions and Ant deployments utilizing SVN and Ant Migration Tool.
• Applies Salesforce.com administration, including workflow rules, approval processes and outbound messages; uses Selenium to automate web applications for testing purposes.
• Builds custom queries with SOQL;
• Work with and support cross-functional teams.
• Performs code reviews.
• Complies with all required Company policies and practices relating to the System Development Life Cycle.
• As a subject matter expert, will assist others in defining application system scope and objectives through research and fact finding and makes recommendations pertaining to system design and solutions.
• Provides Tier 3 support and resolution of open IT issues escalated by IT Customer Support.
• Develops project plans for application software implementation activities of medium to high level of complexity and coordinates and oversees the implementation.
• Maintains and builds strong vendor relationships to resolve problems and coordinate the delivery of IT products and services.
• Travel by air, car or other modes of transportation may be required up to 10% of the time.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Master’s degree in IT or related field.
• Salesforce.com Certified Advanced Developer – DEV501
• Waste or transportation industry experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience leading a development team.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, computer engineering or related field (willing to accept foreign education equivalent)
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as a developer with Salesforce.com experience; salesforce.com administration to include workflow rules, approval processes and outbound messages.
• Salesforce.com Certified Developer – DEV401
• Visual Force, Apex experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with data retrieval and integration across multiple platforms.
• Experience with SOQL; SVN, Ant Migration Tool, ChangeSets and data loader; Rest API/Soap API.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to interact with IT personnel on all levels to resolve issues and provide solutions in a timely manner.
• support cross-functional teams and prioritize and manage tasks to completion
• Understands the need for and consistently practices effective teamwork with others.
• Demonstrated expert knowledge of the entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Capable of prioritizing and managing assignments, tasks, and significant projects to completion with minimal supervision.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to maintain a detail oriented approach while multitasking in a fast paced environment.
• Ability to become proficient in all currently supported application development standards in use at Republic Services.
• Ability to provide assistance with creation and maintenance of development standards in use at Republic Services.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures manuals.
• Very high level of proficiency in the programming language or other development tools used in specific area of responsibility.