Job Title: Compliance Monitor
Location: Tarrytown, NY
The monitoring analyst will assist the Compliance Monitoring Team to execute the Company's Compliance Monitoring Plan. This Plan identifies activities related to interactions with healthcare providers and government officials whose processes and controls will be reviewed by the Compliance Monitoring Team. Under the direction of the Compliance Monitoring Lead, the analyst will review documentation associated with the relevant activities for adherence to the Company's policies and processes. This individual will need to be able to work in a highly autonomous manner.
1) Execute monitoring plan in the following areas:
- Review documents and determine if transactions are according to regulations and company policies.
- Analyze data and provide summary of observations.
- Identify weaknesses in internal controls and opportunities to enhance operational efficiencies.
- Interact autonomously with Middle Management as requested by the Monitoring Lead.
- Assist the Monitoring Lead in preparing draft recommendations and reports for Senior Management and the Compliance Committee.
- Learn and understand internal processes and Company products and recommend process improvements
- A demonstrated ability to independently think through problems and proactively propose solutions as well as follow directions is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and writing skills, strong organizational abilities, and attention to detail are required
- Computer Proficiency: Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Visio are required. Experience with Oracle financial applications and ACL (or similar software) is a plus.
- Must have Industry and regulation knowledge.
- Must have Compliance or Auditing experience.
- Due to deadlines and the importance of monitoring in a timely manner, the analyst may need to work 50 hours/week from time to time.
- A minimum of 3 years of financial, operational and/or compliance audit experience (internal audit, public accounting)
- Big 4 or pharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.