|Reference # : ||17-00598
||Title : ||Supervisor ETL Services Development|
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||7 Years
||Start Date : ||06/09/2017
| Description |
|Seeking Superviser for the Services Development team(s), Responsibilities include all phases of operational and project support. Individual will lead and direct the prioritization of daily development work for projects, enhancements and production support tickets. Individual will be spend their time performing ETL development activities, coaching/leading team members, performing code reviews, doing supervisorial tasks, identifying process improvements, etc. The emphasis of this role will be for the ETL development team, so candidate's expertise must include:
o SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
o Advanced knowledge of business intelligence, programming, and data analysis software
o Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft SQL databases.
o Intermediate proficiency in SSIS, DTS, T-SQL, ActiveBatch (automated job scheduling), Redgate, stored procedure development, tuning, enterprise data modeling and schema change management.
|Job Description and Additional Responsibilities:
- Ensures that the Services team complies with change control guidelines.
- Responsible for coordination, communication, escalation and management of development work for projects and enhancements across internal IT stakeholders, business users, and vendors.
- Mentor and cross train team members across all applications/disciplines.
- Responsible for status reporting on all Investment initiatives and Production issues.
- Coordinates product upgrades for applications within the Services Team and assigns work streams.
- Supervises post implementation verification testing for releases assigned to Services.
- Responsible for participation with the Senior Manager in the development of goals, personnel evaluations and merit increase determinations for direct reports.
- Promote and maintain high-quality customer service philosophy. Train and provide feedback regularly on technical and customer service issues to assigned staff members.
- Participates in the hiring process and consults with the Senior Manager in job interviews & hiring decisions.
- Oversees implementation and modification activities in conjunction with other Application Development areas, IT stakeholders, users, and management.
- In coordination with the Senior Manager provides job direction and promotes career-path opportunities for assigned personnel.
- Develops, organizes and/or conducts necessary training programs for staff.
- Responsible for programming support for designated projects and for assigned IT systems.
- Responsible for coordinating and leading research and support of transactions in support of the other divisions of client.
- Writes performance evaluation for Direct Reports
- Oversees all on-call schedules and plans with direct reports.
- Able to plan and implement projects using sound project management methodology.
- Creates and coordinates all development schedules and plans.
- Stays current on new developments in technology related industries.
- Participates with management in formulating goals for the Services team(s).
- Participates in budgeting process, including resource capacity planning.
- Learn area's direct flow, and how it encompasses surrounding systems and operational areas.
- Maintain existing programs including routine changes and major enhancements.
- Understanding of applicable technology including web services, ETL, EDI Processing, SOA, stored procedures, data integration tools, etc.
- Conduct research.
- Study and resolve performance problems with assigned systems.
- Track and resolve processing problems, coordinating with all areas as needed.
- Resolve Application Development production system problems by assigning resources to perform the work.
- Responsible for production cycles, solving issues and notification of problems.
- Documentation of programs, systems, etc.
- Create and maintain process, procedure and policy documentation.
- Review code for proper design, standards, content and functionality.
- Responsible for the maintenance and development of system interfaces to other systems, i.e. VITAL, Blue Exchange, MetaVance, CRM, etc.
- Responsible for monitoring solutions to achieve IT scorecard goals and corporate goals. Alerting, reporting and trending information that is critical in preventing and reacting to issues on a timely basis.
- Recommend improvements based on trends or operational issues; may develop requirements as necessary.
- Work with manager on software evaluations; recommend and provide justifications for new purchases.
- Works with IT Infrastructure team to implement additional monitoring capabilities.
- Collaborates with stakeholders, business, subject matter experts and development teams.
- Contributes to the improvement of core software development practices and processes.
- Assists department manager in developing tactical and strategic product, services and/or programs to support IT and business goals (financial, quality, production, customer service, operational efficiency, market share, etc.).
- Reports task status and progress to management and the team.
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any overtime as requested or needed to perform job responsibilities.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Required Job Skills
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
- Intermediate PC proficiency
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database and word processing software
- Strong knowledge of operating systems, i.e. Windows, AIX, Linux and systems networking and communication techniques
- Working knowledge of core application software
- Able to direct and manage the team
- Is able to coach and mentor associates
- Is able to make software solution recommendations and construct a roadmap of system application initiatives
- Is able to write reviews and provide constructive feedback
- Required Professional Competencies
- Work with management and functional areas and understand potential implications of system changes to those areas
- Customer service skills to deal with sensitive and difficult customer situations
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others.
- Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Independent thinker with strong oral, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong understanding of information systems, business processes and the key drivers and measures for success
- Strong analytical and decision making skills
- Ability to prepare written proposals and deliver presentations.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Strong project management skills
- Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Provide leadership, promote teamwork, meet objectives and exercise independent judgment
- Experience leading and implementing projects and working collaboratively
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Preferred Job Skills
- Understands Agile principles and is able to support development efforts in that space
- Expert knowledge of operating systems, i.e. Windows, AIX, Linux and systems networking and communication techniques
- Expert knowledge of all core systems application software
- Intermediate knowledge of business intelligence, programming, and data analysis sotfware
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft SQL databases.
- Intermediate proficiency in SSIS, DTS, T-SQL, ActiveBatch, Redgate, stored procedure development, tuning, enterprise data modeling and schema change management.
- Intermediate proficiency with relational database technologies that supplement RDBMS tool sets
- Preferred Professional Competencies
- Demostrate flexibility, anticipate customer needs and communicate in a manner consistent with business strategy
- Advanced tactical planning and decision making skills
- Able to cope with multiple priorities and high customer expectations and bridge the demands between internal and external customers
- Advanced understanding of information systems, business processes and key drivers and measures for success
- Advanced analytical and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are not readily defined, lack known precedent or appear contradictory
- Develop solutions by applying accepted processes or new approaches to leverage technology
- Advanced understanding of HIPAA transactions and privacy requirements
- Experience working with and managing third parties.
- Presentation and public speaking abilities
- Development and application of budgeting concepts, processes and procedures
- Advanced project management skills
- Create business requirements, technical specifications, test plans and test scripts
- Interpret medical, legal and technical data, including state and federal regulations and their effect on operations
- Conceptualize new business architecture and infrastructure
- Preferred Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Identify resources and training needs while fostering opportunities for staff growth
- Promote and support the overall quality principles and company quality program
- Empower associates at all levels and encourage innovation and risk taking
- Develop an enthusiastic and positive work envirnoment
- Negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to create win/win situations
- Resource management skills
- Skills, experience and leadership abilities to serve as designated back-up for the Senior Manager Application Development
- Educate and mentor department managers on leadership techniques, staff consulting, work management, etc.