Summary: Develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs utilizing software packages considered. Responsible for designing software or customizing software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. The technical skills include the knowledge of computer hardware and software.
This position requires an individual who has a strong background developing in and supporting the Oracle EBS systems. Specific modules include Fixed Assets, Purchasing, Cash Reconciliation, AR, and HRMS. R12 experience is preferred.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under minimal direction, formulates/ defines system scope and objectives to develop or modify moderate to complex technology systems.
- Act as technical expert for all phases of technology delivery.
- Assist management in providing work direction and technical guidance on migration options from Oracle EBS 11 to R12.
- Resolve software issues/ bugs and shortcomings through Oracle EBS understanding and the use of Oracle support resources such as Metalink.
- Analyze and apply Oracle EBS patches.
- Maintain and modify current inbound/ outbound system interfaces utilizing UNIX PL/SQL, XML and Java.
- Design/Test/ Implement/ PL/SQL packages to meet the customized needs of internal customers.
- Assist in adequate documentation of all system and process components surrounding the Oracle EBS system.
- Responsible for participating in 24 X 7 support of assigned applications.
- Undergraduate degree in CS/CE/CIS/MIS or Engineering/Technology or related field or equivalent experience and training
- 8+ years professional Oracle EBS development including proficiency in PL/SQL programming
- 8+ years professional Experience in UNIX
- 8+ years of professional software development experience in JAVA, J2EE, J2SE, HTML, and XML
- Demonstrated experience preparing programming specifications
- Demonstrated ability to present information, project updates and interacting with various target audiences
- Experience/proficiency with Oracle HRMS Applications
- Proficiency in Oracle Discoverer Client/ Web versions
- Experience/ proficiency with Oracle Workflow
Competent to work at a high technical level of all phases of technology delivery.
- Understand particular Oracle EBS module functionality in order to interact with the business group effectively.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and devise innovative solutions for those opportunities.
- Experience using Oracle Support Site
- Knowledge of developing functional mock-ups
- Must be well organized, thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment, leverage best practices, and most importantly, innovate through any problem with a can-do attitude
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with OA Framework a plus
- Airline experience - a plus