|Reference # : ||17-00534
||Title : ||Senior Data Modeler|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||7 Years
||Start Date : ||05/19/2017
| Description |
TITLE: Sr. Data Modeler
Location: Clifton, NJ
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify best approach for accessing various data sources for use in the overall reporting solution.
- Review source systems to understand the data models as input into the downstream EDW data model.
- Develop data model and related architecture to provide analytical data at the appropriate level of detail in a manner that is efficient.
- Develop data models based on the key business requirements of the university stakeholders.
- Review control and master data across multiple source applications and shadow systems to identify an approach to align attributes in a consistent manner that supports data repositories that can be leveraged by ETL load programs and data retrieval in the EDW.
- Design new and assess existing data models for peak performance and efficient data retrieval.
- Review existing data models to prevent redundancy in the future data model.
- Lead the development of an architecture that accommodates current business requirements while offering a solution that is robust and scalable to accommodate future business requirements and data growth
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills while interfacing with project team, customers and stakeholders.
- Assist with development and implementation of the long-term data governance strategy for the university.
- Lead business requirements and detailed design sessions with business users and project team.
- Demonstrate the ability to ask appropriate line of questions that probe users for requirements needed to build logical data model.
- Bring industry experience in data warehousing and business intelligence solutions and best practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to estimate level of effort to produce key deliverables and report status of progress to project manager.
- Work with DBA and system admin team to produce physical data model from the logic data model.
- Guide and Collaborate with ETL developers to identify best practice approach to Stage 1 and Stage 2 ETL deliverables.
- Collaborate with developers of presentation layer (Reports, Dashboards, etc.) to develop solutions that access the underlying data model in the most efficient method.
- Produce quality deliverables in areas of business requirements documentation, logical data modeling, physical modeling, database tuning, meta-data implementation and data governance
- Develop strategy for data clean-up and reconciliation across systems within scope of supporting delivery of the EDW or related components of the future state architecture.
- 7 years of experience working as a data modeler
- 3 years of recent experience in the position of a data modeler.
- 5 years of experience as a lead data modeler implementing custom EDW solutions based on user specific requirements.
- 5 years of experience in developing, validating and maintaining LOGICAL data models.
- 5 years of experience in developing, validating and maintaining PHYSICAL data models
- 5 years of hands-on experience in data architecture, data analysis and logical/physical data modeling (relational, dimensional, subject areas, and business models)
- Expertise in gathering requirements from non-technical business users to Client foundation for a logical data model.
- Expert in logical data modeling and design of star schemas, facts and dimensions.
- Expert in producing key project deliverables on a BI/EDW project from analysis to Go-Live
- Experience in design of solutions that provide user trend analysis and what if planning.
- 5 year of experience with industry leading data modeling tools like ERStudio or Erwin
- Experience with working with Business Analysts, ETL developers, Report/BI developers, DBAs and system admins in a collaborative manner
- Experience with addressing performance issues (e.g., indexing and tuning SQL Queries)
- Experience with building an EDW as part of a Higher Education institution Business Intelligence Strategy.
- Understanding of Higher Education industry KPIs and delivery of solutions that support tracking of KPIs
- Knowledge of the Ellucian suite (e.g., Banner Student) of products that support the Academic business area of a University
- Experience as an ETL developer or deep understanding of ETL strategy and design
- Exposure to PeopleSoft FSCM 9.2 (Finance and Supply Chain) as a source system
- Exposure to Workday HR and Payroll as a source system.
- Big 4 or Tier-one consulting experience as a data modeler on multiple engagements.
- Experience working on teams that use a formal Project delivery methodology.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to teach others in the area of data modeling.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering other related field