2 openings available
The technical business analyst's primary objective is helping businesses implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators and partners. Candidates submitted for technical business analysis roles a must have excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences and must have expertise working on SCRUM teams in Agile environments.
• Understand what business units (internal customers) do, how goals are accomplished and key process dependencies that may exist
• Identify, document, and communicate complex requirements across systems and
• Understand the integration of processes across domains, scope, charter, plans
• Collect business requirements and prepare written requirements using IT specified
formats to ensure continuity of requirement documents across projects
• Develop Agile Product Backlog items for presentation to development teams and
business owners including appropriate assumptions, acceptance criteria, user/system
details, and non-functional requirements
• Prepare business process maps, high-level work flows, use cases, functional
specifications, wireframes, process flow diagrams, and report mock ups
• Support development teams in obtaining clarification of requirements/features from business units in a timely manner to avoid delays in development cycle
• Analyze business requirements to identify/suggest feature requirements, develop user stories, assist in identifying and documenting scope of work procedures and decision flows
• Identify business processes for redesign; Determine how to improve existing business process; Identify modifications to automated processes
• Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience and to
communicate business information to a technical audience
• Participate in QA process by understanding the implementation and helping to define test cases based on user requirements
• Performs other duties as assigned or apparent
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field preferred; Master's degree preferred
• Minimum of 4 years' practical experience in technical business analysis required
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in scrum/agile environments; Scrum certification preferred
• Experience generating requirements from the client/business and documenting.
• Experience with process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes required
• Advanced level of proficiency with PC based software programs and automated database management systems required (Excel, Access, PowerPoint) required
• Knowledge of current Microsoft .NET technologies including C#, VB.NET, ASP.Net, and SharePoint highly preferred
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation Services 2013 preferred
• Working knowledge of relational databases and database structures is required
• Strong aspiration to learn new technologies
• Ability to communicate analysis findings such as trends and opportunities to clients/business users in writing and verbally required
• Demonstrated ability to use discretion, make sound decisions, and maintain confidentiality
• Proven strong relationship-building and communication skills with team members and business users.
• Ability to work with a minimal amount of direction while being pro-active in keeping their management informed of project related issues.
• Ability to respectfully question ideas and share a point of view with others in support of the business requirements and needs.
• Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of employees ranging from entry level to senior leadership.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and shift priorities quickly.
• Experience working on an Agile/Scrum team preferred.
• Proven strong problem-solving skills, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis
• Experience in the education industry preferred