Serves as technical leader for the maintenance, design, and development of a variety of UNIX based applications including the migration of MVS based COBOL applications to UNIX. Consult with management, business analysts, project managers, developers, along with internal customers to design/develop requirements according to business requirements. Provide 24x7 support of all applications under the support umbrella.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads as a technical expert in design, development, testing, and debugging new system modules or enhancements to existing application
- Analyzes problems and provides recommendations for application improvements
- Works with infrastructure and peers to determine implementation details for enhancements and applications
- Consults and influences the Project Manager and the business to arrive at best practice application/solution designs
- Lead a development team to create project estimates based on business requirements
- Expected to provide a work breakdown of projects and enhancements and assign pieces to peers
- Expected to participate in complete project lifecycle up to and including project implementation and provide leadership within a team environment
- Provide technical guidance and leadership for less senior developers in the requirements, planning, modeling, development, deployment and support of the system
- Establish and maintain working relationships with internal business customers, internal IT support groups and vendors to achieve project goals
- Undergraduate degree in CS/CE/CIS/MIS or Engineering/Technology or related field or equivalent experience/training
- At least 9 years of development experience, including technical leadership experience.
- At least 7 years of COBOL Development experience
- At least 7 years of JCL and/or Unix scripting Development experience.
- Experience with a variety of technologies including: IBM, MVS, Windows, FTP, SFTP, SCLM, TSO, CISCS, UNIX.
- Ability to lead a development team and effectively meet deadlines and prioritize projects in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- Must be well organized, thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment, leverage best practices, and most importantly, innovate through any problem with a can-do attitude
- Proficient in MS Office applications, including Microsoft Project, EXCEL, and Work.
- Proficient in SharePoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Airline experience ? a plus
- Financial System's experience ? a plus