As a Temp paralegal in our litigation team you will provide paralegal support to CLIENT Insurance Group's attorneys working on insurance defense litigation cases arising out of car, home, and other accidents involving CLIENT IG Insureds. Legal file review, communication with our clients, and initial drafting of discovery responses, motions, and trial preparation work. Duties may require the following physical activity: lifting, carrying, bending and kneeling to retrieve and replace files. Approximately 90% of the time spent on the job involves the use of a personal computer.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Paralegal certification as required by statute as applicable
- Strong PC skills and knowledge of legal software application and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong written skills needed to compose legal documents, reports, and correspondence
- Ability to handle and respond to sensitive and confidential information
- Strong analytical, verbal communication and organizational skills
- Understand legal concepts, terminology, principles and legal procedures
- Understand legal and professional ethics
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work on a team and independently on multiple tasks
- Successful completion of a Skills Assessment Test
3-5 years previous experience as a paralegal in an in-house insurance defense setting.