|Reference # : ||20-00083
||Title : ||UX Designer|
Walnut Creek, CA
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||5 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||02/24/2020 / 07/31/2020
| Description |
Designing software experiences for mobile, tablet and desktop digital products from low to high fidelity.
Support product feature design stories, and attend meetings with cross-functional teams
Identify design patterns and contribute to the DPL
Advocate and promote modern UX and design standards
Support weekly planning/observing of DLURs
Stay current with best practices and industry standards
- As a Senior UX Designer, you'll likely be a Product lead coordinating the discovery & framing, through the entire product design, research and development process to release.
- You have the ability to find the ideal balance of user goals and business objectives that results in a simple, yet effective and thoughtful user experience.
- You'll love taking an iterative approach to design that includes weekly user research, A/B testing, and constant collaboration with our product, engineering and business partners.
- Your attention to detail and problem-solving skills are showcased throughout the entire process.
- You'll guide other designers through projects as well as delivering high-quality work on your own. You'll have strong communication and negotiation skills.
- You'll explore, create and define new design patterns and design systems for the digital products you produce.
- You'll build strong cross-functional partnerships to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions that meet our customer's needs.
Experience within an Agile (Scrum) development team
Persona development, usability testing, and observational interviews
Experience with agile software UX and dev teams. Knowledge of user interface design, color theory, layout, typography, usability fundamentals.
Bachelor's degree in related area (Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field) or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 5+ years of experience producing designs for enterprise software products
- Someone with an eye and patience for detail, who is able to take requirements and produce pixel-perfect designs that others understand
- Experience leveraging the Lean UX design processes, tools and methodologies.
- A clear communicator that is able to articulate problems and present designs to internal stakeholders
- Self-motivated individuals who do not require oversight
- Someone who enjoys the intellectual stimulation of complex insurance workflows and is passionate about continuous improvement
- An understanding of not just how a product should look, but what and why we should build it in the first place and ensure its value for the target audience through testing and iterating.
- Works closely with Product Owners, Designers, Front-end Engineers, UX Researchers, and Content Strategists to deliver products that cater to our members needs and provides a meaningful experience.
- Visualize complex sets of data in ways that are easy to understand.
- Create flows and experiences that are elegant, thoughtful, simple, and intuitive.
- Degree in UX Design, Interaction Design, Visual Communications, Digital Media, Human Factors, Cognitive Science, Fine Arts, a related discipline or equivalent experience. Master's degree a plus.