|Reference # : ||19-00235
||Title : ||Payroll Specialist|
Walnut Creek,, CA
|Position Type : ||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||04/29/2019 / 10/11/2019
| Description |
Seeking a highly motivated Payroll Specialist to support our 3,800 employee, bi-weekly payroll cycle. This position includes providing knowledgeable customer service to our employees in a timely manner as part of a team of 3. This role is a temp-to-hire position. The position reports to the Sr. Manager of Payroll, Compliance and Leave Management.
Essential Functions / Principal Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Provide knowledgeable customer service to employees.
- Research inquiries from employees and resolves escalated payroll problems/issues.
- Interpret and set up garnishments
- Works on distributions of various payroll reports and payments for the employees.
- Handles calculations and analysis of payments and overpayments.
- Reviews audit reports and resolves discrepancies.
- Processes manual checks, reversals and makes other corrections as appropriate. Calculate final checks on an as needed basis to ensure employees are paid timely.
- Provide training for employees, supervisors & managers.
- Administers leave of absences from a payroll perspective.
- Assist with year-end testing to ensure roll up of earnings codes is correct.
- Work on assignments that are semi-routine to moderately complex in nature where the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Document payroll processes and procedures
- May assists with audits of internal records, worker's comp, tax filings and related documentation
- Proficient in payroll processing
- Must understand imputed income and be able to articulate it to employees/managers about the impact to the employee's W2 and Wage and Tax Register.
- Understanding of federal, state and local laws relating to wage and hour.
- Thorough knowledge of payroll tax, accounting logic, principles and practices.
- Must be able to manage multiple work streams with competing deadlines.
Education, Work Experience, Licenses & Certifications
- Strong Analytical skills
- Experience with Workday.
Completion of high school, vocational training, or equivalent.
- 4-8 years of payroll experience, with thorough understanding of payroll tax accounting