This position performs complex duties associated with Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) compliance, including case research, consumer responses and database maintenance.
- Responds to consumer inquiries related to FCRA adverse action, advises consumers of dispute process, obtains necessary information from consumers, processes consumer reports, and ensures compliance timelines and processes are met.
- Monitors and reports on day-to-day consumer case follow up.
- Logs and tracks case calls using the FCRA database and maintains historical records and related issue documentation.
- Creates and maintains information for FCRA reporting.
- Interacts with other departments to communicate and resolve issues.
- Performs initial research for consumer disputes.
- Assists the Compliance Manager in preparing periodic reports.
- Support the company's commitment to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.
- High school diploma.
- Prior call center experience.
- Successful history dealing with complex and difficult customer situations. Uses critical thinking skills to take ownership and resolve an issue.
- Possesses strong telephone soft skills, such as engaging with the customer and showing a willingness to help.
- Intermediate computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Must have excellent verbal, written communication /interpersonal skills along with strong customer service skills.
- Experience with FCRA compliance in a banking environment.
- Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
- Bilingual - Spanish (speak/read/write) preferred.
Working conditions consist of a normal office environment. Work is primarily sedentary and requires extensive use of a computer and involves sitting for periods of approximately four hours. Work may require occasional standing, walking, kneeling, and reaching. Must be able to lift 10 pounds occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently. Requires visual acuity and dexterity to view, prepare, and manipulate documents and office equipment including personal computers. Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers.
Employee must be able to perform essential functions and physical requirements of position with or without reasonable accommodation.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow instructions and perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.