|Reference # : ||19-00054
||Title : ||Business Intell Ops Developer|
|Position Type : ||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||01/22/2019
| Description |
Business Intell Ops Developer
The BI Operations Developer will be responsible for supporting ETL and reporting solutions associated with the enterprise data warehouse. The role will perform troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, and issue resolution specific development activities associated with production data warehouse and business intelligence solutions. The role will participate in the production release and post implementation portions of the systems development life cycle (SDLC) including facilitation of production release, emergency change facilitation and post-implementation support. The role will provide support to all user communities for the TriWest data warehouse and business intelligence technologies and solutions.
Education - Required
Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field with programming and database systems coursework, OR equivalent database development experience.
Experience - Required
Working knowledge of data warehouse design; data modeling; proficiency with SQL; experience with data extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL); working knowledge of report and dashboard development; knowledge of SQL Server databases; working knowledge of Oracle databases.
- 2+ years of experience developing ETL in Data Management, Data Warehousing, or Business Intelligence
- 3+ years of experience with SQL
- Experience developing SQL Integration Services (SSIS) solutions
- Experience managing, troubleshooting and developing database solutions in Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience using Visual Studio
- Working knowledge of TFS, or comparable source control tool
Problem Solving / Analysis
Ability to solve problems through systematic analysis of processes with sound judgment; Has a realistic understanding of relevant issues.
Ability to organize people or tasks, adjust to priorities, learn systems, within time constraints and with available resources; Detail-oriented.
Multi-Tasking / Time Management
Prioritize and manage actions to meet changing deadlines and requirements within a high volume, high stress environment.
Ability to manage large amounts of complex information easily, communicates clearly, and draws sound conclusions.
High Intensity Environment
Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with multiple activities occurring simultaneously while maintaining focus and control of workflow.
Coping / Flexibility
Resiliency in adapting to a variety of situations and individuals while maintaining a sense of purpose and mature problem-solving approach is required.
Ability to function in a multi-system Microsoft environment using Word, Outlook, TriWest Intranet, the Internet, and department software applications.
Communication / People Skills
Ability to influence or persuade others under positive or negative circumstances; Adapt to different styles; Listen critically; Collaborate.
- Performs root cause analysis on ETL packages and related data sets to resolve data load issues.
- Supports, troubleshoots, and performs remediative development on production ETL packages servicing an enterprise data warehouse.
- Proactively assesses ETL performance and identifies opportunities to tune ETL jobs to improve load times.
- Manages access control structures for Business Intelligence reporting environments.
- Performs root cause analysis on performance issues impacting report / dashboard generation
- Services support requests from Business Intelligence analysts, developers, and leaders
- Supports technically junior members of the Data Management Operations team
- Manages Tableau Server and SSRS environments for stability and performance
Identifies and advocates beneficial change opportunities.
- Serves as a point of contact for application and data users, data administrators and others.
- Ensures compliance with TriWest HIPAA, privacy and government security policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience in an ETL development role
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) version 2015 and MSSQL Server 2015
- Experience with structured change management processes
- Experience in IT Operations supporting mission critical technology solutions
- Experience with Tableau Server administration
- Experience with SSRS administration