|Reference # : ||18-01880
||Title : ||QA Automation Engineer|
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||04/02/2018
| Description |
The Test Automation Engineer reviews and analyzes requirements and develops and executes automation acceptance and regression tests. These tests are applied to applications across test and production environments to verify business and technical requirements have been met. They work with the Product Owner, Operations, and Development departments to create the overall test strategy. They also maintain automated tests suites and applies best practices for reusability to minimize the maintenance required to ensure product quality and client satisfaction.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Work with appropriate scrum teams to review and provide feedback on requirements and application functionality to improve software quality and to create automated acceptance and regression test cases
- Design, code, test and maintain automation test scripts for applications across test and production environments.
- Establish and maintain a detailed test automation framework and methodology. Develop subject matter expertise in application and system functionality for development of automation test scripts. Execute automated acceptance and regression tests to ensure business and technical requirements traceability and complete test coverage.
- Develop and maintain test data and function libraries. Log defects and work with the Product Owner to prioritize and resolve issues. Notify Development Management of any critical issues or testing impacts and delays.
- Work with Management to track and report testing milestones. Notify Management of project related risks associated with automated testing impacts and delays.
- Document current performance standards, identify and record applications requiring baselines/minimum standards, and document performance testing strategies and results.
- Provide status reports, with supporting regression testing metrics on a regular basis.
- Attend Scrum meetings as required.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience with defect tracking and test management software, creating and executing test plans and test cases, and developing automation for web, .NET, web services, and/or Java applications required.
- Advanced knowledge in creating and working with automation frameworks for test script creation and modification.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of relational databases (MySQL and SQLServer) with the ability to create queries.
- Proven experience in leading a test/automation project to completion.
Critical Success Factors:
- Knowledge of hardware and networking configurations
- Thorough knowledge of Windows and Mac systems and commands
- Good understanding of Client/Server and object oriented environments
- Expert knowledge in using Selenium automation tools
- Expert knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Thorough knowledge of software development and software testing principles and practices
- Knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment principles
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision, and act as Lead on automation development projects.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of testing methodologies and application debugging from a technical and/or business perspective.
- Must have an outgoing personality and be able to change and adapt to various conditions and requirements of the department.