|Reference # : ||18-01744
||Title : ||Network Administration|
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||10/10/2018
| Description |
**This position is Extremely Confidential DO NOT send out ANY email Merge's with the Name of the company or GIVE the candidate the Name of the Company**
Skilled network engineer strong in core (LAN, WAN, routing, and firewall) skills with an emphasis on troubleshooting. The ideal candidate will also have some experience in security and network design.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to collaborate well with others, be self-starting, creative, and able to think through a task from start to finish. Candidates are afforded a great deal of autonomy and are expected to manage their time effectively, manage operational security measures covering edge, internal and extranet segments, maintain accurate diagrams, configurations and documentation for core infrastructure devices.
NETWORK VENDOR EXPERIENCE
- Provide third level support for an 8000-site Wide Area Network environment including off-hour maintenance activities, problem resolution and on-call troubleshooting efforts during emergencies.
- Perform operational engineering tasks including switching, routing, and firewall changes, VPN implementation, traffic flow analysis, and creation of custom network solutions as needed.
- Collaborate with peers to review, asses and vet design proposals
- Provide Engineering escalations to services and operations teams
- Effectively manage ticket queue by providing expert level troubleshooting and resolution
- Create, review and maintain documentation
- Patience to adhere to best practices including maintenance windows and change control procedures
- Switching (Trunks, STP, L3 switching)
- Routing (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Security (VPN, firewall ACL)
- WAN (iLEC, MPLS)
- Management (network/security tools, flow analysis, SLA)
- Customer-oriented temperament
- Meticulous, thorough, and detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload
- Ability to accept and offer constructive criticism
- CCNP or equivalent experience
- Some experience in architecture and/or design a plus
- Scripting or programming experience a plus
- Linux sysadmin experience a plus
: CCNA, CCNP, Cisco, IOS, ASA, PIX, 6500, 3800, ISR, Viptela, 802.11, wireless, IPSEC, VPN, DMVPN, SSL, firewalls, security, crypto, ACL, NetScaler, LAN, WAN, switches, load balancers, routers, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, TACACS+, MPLS, frame relay, IDS, IPS, VOIP, troubleshooting