Client: Synechron / Transamerica
Role: Technology Architect - C++
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Experience: 10~12 Years, out of which at least 5~7 years in development with a strong background of architectural experience in various enterprise wide applications.
- Owns consistency and high quality in solution delivery to develop and promote architectural best practices and standards
- Participates in architecture and design reviews for projects that require complex technical solutions
- Participate in development stage and play role of hands on developer as and when required
- Leading and mentoring other developers to make significant contributions to the team and should be ready to be hands down as the situation demands.
- Effectively handles the development and production environments and troubleshoots performance issues
Nice to have:
- Architect level skills on design and development of application for in Microsoft and Unix / Linux platforms.
- Experienced in working and designing n tier applications. Should be able to design middleware and backend apps for enterprise application needs.
- Deep understanding of C++ specifically with respect to designing and development of core business layers of the application.
- Must have good knowledge of designing and developing multithreaded applications.
- Hands on development work on C++ as core programming skills for at-least 5 years. Experience on Linux / Unix environment will be an added advantage.
- Innovative design ideas with strong hands on development experience on C++ development
- Capable of building architecture/design from scratch or taking existing production architecture and changing requirements to come up with cohesive, intelligent and logical solutions to the problems
- In-depth understanding of OOAD concepts and can think through a problem at abstract level to come up with the solution.
- Stronghold on applying enterprise design patterns to solve complex business problems. Has ability to understand the need of patterns, and has experience in doing tradeoffs to decide which pattern to use when.
- Analytical skills on business requirements to discuss with the various stakeholders and business application users to understand their pain areas.
- Interact with clients on conceptual & practical issues, Implementation techniques, etc.