|Reference # : ||18-01271
||Title : ||Business Intelligence Developer I-II (ETL/ SSIS/ SQL)|
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||07/10/2018
| Description |
|Purpose of the Job|
Creates and implements business intelligence and extract, transform, and load (ETL) solutions using programming, performance tuning, data modeling, based on BCBSAZ SQL database design and implementation standards, corporate policies, industry best practices, and customer-based business requirements.
LEVEL 1 - Performs job functions under close supervision or peer review
LEVEL 2 - Performs job functions with general supervision
- Learn area's direct flow; and how it affects surrounding systems and operational areas.
- Design, maintain, develop, and enhance basic-level business intelligence systems and programs.
- Design & Implement Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) solutions including SSIS & DTS programming based on BCBSAZ SQL database design and implementation standards
- Apply data mining rules
- Design and code basic-level systems, programs, and interfaces, using the appropriate structured programming techniques and programming languages.
- Participate in the development, review, and creation of documentation used to support associated systems.
- Create logic, system, and program flows for complex systems, including interfaces and metadata
- Write and execute unit test plans. Track and resolve any processing issues.
- Implement and maintain operational and disaster-recovery procedures.
- Participate in small to medium projects.
- Participate in the review of code and/or systems for proper design standards, content and functionality.
- Assist with development and delivery of presentations to staff and management
- Participate in all aspects of the Systems Development Life Cycle
- Analyze files and map data from one system to another
- Adhere to established source control versioning policies and procedures
- Develop programs, time estimates and project schedules based on prioritization and business requirements.
- Use sound project management methodology and demonstrate solid time management skills.
- Monitor and create priority list(s) that are agreed to by user management
- Meet timeliness and accuracy goals.
- Communicate status of work assignments to stakeholders and management.
- Design, maintain and develop moderately complex systems and programs
- Participate or lead medium projects.
- Track and resolve processing problems, coordinating with all appropriate areas
- Assist Users/Analysts with the development of system interface specifications
- Develop, write and implement processing requirements and post implementation review
- Develop time and cost estimates and system modification schedules.
- Create and deliver presentations to staff and management.
Required Work Experience
- Responsible for technical and production support documentation in accordance with department standards and industry best practices.
- Each progressive level includes the ability to perform the essential functions of any lower levels and mentor employees in those levels.
- Maintain current knowledge on new developments in technology-related industries
- Participate in corporate quality and data governance programs
- Participate in on-call rotation
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any additional hours as requested or as needed to meet business requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Preferred Work Experience
- 1 year of experience in computer programming, query design, and databases (Applies to Level 2)
- 2 years of experience in working with healthcare systems as a programmer
- 2 years of experience managing projects
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration (Applies to Level 1)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration (Applies to Levels 2 - 4)
Required Job Skills
- MS SQL Certification or other certification in current programming languages
Required Professional Competencies
- Intermediate skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
- Intermediate PC proficiency
- Intermediate proficiency in spreadsheet, database and word processing software
- Advanced knowledge of business intelligence, programming, and data analysis software
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft SQL databases.
- Intermediate proficiency in SSIS, DTS, T-SQL, ActiveBatch, Redgate, stored procedure development, tuning, enterprise data modeling and schema change management.
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
- Perseverance in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive working relationship with others.
- Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Systems research and analysis. Ability to write and present business intelligence documentation
- Demonstrate the ability to stay current on global threats and vulnerabilities.
- Experience working with and managing third parties
- Knowledge of business requirements development and user acceptance testing.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Analytical knowledge necessary to generate reports based on available data and then make decisions based on reported data
Preferred Job Skills
- Facilitate and resolve customer requests and inquiries for all levels of management in Corporation. (Levels 2 - 4)
Preferred Professional Competencies
- Advanced skill in use of office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, scanner and telephones
- Advanced PC proficiency
- Advanced knowledge of Business Objects
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Applications and Suites, Windows Server, and Microsoft SQL databases.
- Advanced knowledge of decision support systems
- Advanced proficiency with relational technologies that supplement RDBMS tool sets
- Advanced proficiency in Infomatica Power Center and Profisee Maestro Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) tools.
- Advanced systems research and analysis expertise
- Impeccable project management skills
- Solid technical ability and problem-solving skills
- knowledge of internal departments and operations