|Reference # : ||18-01263
||Title : ||Solution Architect (Agile/ SOAP/ Dynamics)|
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||07/10/2018
| Description |
Purpose of the Job
The Solution Architect will be responsible for the detailed design of technology related projects from inception through production support providing industry best practices as a trusted advisor to key business and technology stakeholders. The Solution Architect will provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership and will collaborate closely with various technology teams, vendors, and business partners. The Solution Architect will prepare and deliver highly effective technology solutions through user story definition, logical data model design, functional system design, applying best-practice methodologies resulting in solutions that are highly usable, maintainable, scalable, reliable, extensible, secure, and functional.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
Required Work Experience
- Design and implement the architecture and deployment of high performance, integrated solutions that span multiple application and technology platforms.
- Develops architecture design documents to facilitate integration of in-house development project and/or vendor based application fitting within the existing enterprise architecture.
- Oversee the technical design and development efforts of complex projects from concept to completion.
- Evaluate technology and market trends, recommending innovative solutions that improve our overall architecture.
- Create and share architecture and design artifacts that clearly convey both intent and rationale.
- Design appropriate security controls in every solution to ensure the network, applications, and data are not compromised.
- Work closely with implementation teams to ensure alignment of plans with what what is being delivered.
- Propose level of effort projections, functional breakdown (phases, features, user stories, etc.) and technical resource plans to support project managers, scrum masters, product owners and others in the planning process.
- Educate and influence others to gain buy-in on proposed roadmaps, strategies, standards and solutions.
- Participate in architectural review functions and ensure adherence to technology standards and architecture.
- Review current system designs for improvement opportunities and recommend solutions.
- Facilitate communications between IT teams and business stakeholders for technical issues and/or major changes; acting as the technical domain subject matter expert.
- Provide expertise to educate, coach and mentor team members; provide performance feedback to manager(s).
- The position requires a full-time work schedule. Full-time is defined as working at least 40 hours per week, plus any overtime as requested or needed to perform job responsibilities.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 3 to 5 years' experience in the industry in similar role
- 7 years of experience in at least two IT disciplines in a service oriented architecture environment (such as architecture, application development, database, security, or infrastructure)
- 4 years of experience in the design, implementation and governance of systems architecture in a complex business applications environment
- Experience and background in software development and Agile methodologies
Preferred Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field
- 5 years of experience architecting applications in .Net and Microsoft Technologies
- 2 years of experience in cloud-based system design
- Demonstrated experience across multiple IT technology domains including software development languages and platforms, infrastructure platforms, data management and database technologies, cloud and networking technologies, and security frameworks.
- Experience in applying Service-Oriented Architecture to solutions.
- Deep knowledge and experience in using and applying API, SOAP, WSDL, JSON, ESB, and XML based solutions.
- Experience and background in project management.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
Required Job Skills
- Microsoft Technical Certifications
- Cloud Architect Certification
Required Professional Competencies
- Strong knowledge of application security and securing the complete solution
- Mastery of coding design patterns and services architecture
- A proven track record of using technology to capitalize on business opportunities and deliver projects on time and on budget consistently.
- Proven experience in documenting business processes and creating system designs using process flow diagram tools, UML, sequence diagrams, etc.
- Understands and resolves highly complex large scale or systems level problems. Able to quickly and efficiently troubleshoot such problems utilizing team resources to coordinate solutions
- Strong leadership, partnership, collaboration and teambuilding skills.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure technologies: WAN, LAN, Networking, Firewalls, Security
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies.
- Ability to apply verbal, written and persuasive communication skills to influence others both individually and groups.
- Proficient in utilization of audio/visual tools to effectively present to groups and capable of presenting technical information to other functions or groups both inside and outside of the organization
- Collaborate closely with business stakeholders and development teams to ensure the architecture and design is usable, maintainable, scalable, reliable, extensible, secure, portable and functional.
- Understand, advocate and augment the standards, best practices and architectural principles that guide solution decisions, development environments, tools, and deployment procedures for the enterprise.
- Strong self-starter, motivated, enthusiastic, risk taker, innovative, and customer service oriented with a record of success.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to cope with the rapid pace and constant change associated with the industry.
- Ability to successfully manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, with internal and external contacts.
- Extensive experience or understanding of services technologies and standards, .NET platform, and Web Service Specifications WS
- Technical expertise knowledge in: XML and Web Services, XML, XSLT, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI and GRID.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure architecture and security architecture concepts.
- Strong command of database design concepts
- Understanding of NoSQL, MS Dynamics CRM technologies and microservices architecture
- Familiarity with an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) architecture in Microsoft BizTalk or other platform
Required Leadership Experience and Competencies
- Customer focused with strong verbal and written communications skills and the ability to interact professionally at all levels of the organization and across multiple technological and business functions.
- Able to teach others and explain complex concepts with clarity, educating through knowledge sharing presentations and written documents.
- Ability to be self-aware and emotionally intelligent, able to give and receive constructive feedback and continue self-development.
- Confidence to challenge the status quo and lead change in the organization.
- Demonstrated understanding of modern architecture and design.
- Mix of creative and technical thinking with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of IT systems, practices and functional units.
- Strong knowledge of application development, infrastructure and operations.
- Ability to be approachable and develop healthy working relationships across a diverse team.
- Ability to assess a situation, make critical observations and take appropriate risks, using available information.
- Anticipate downstream technical needs and steer architectural designs to appropriately factor in considerations.
- Strong analytical skills to support independent and effective decisions.
- Be driven for results and work effectively with management, project managers, analysts, developers, engineers, architects, system administrators, and testers to conceive, design, and deliver successful solutions.
- Able to operate at highly varying levels of abstraction including business strategy, technology strategy, technical design and implementation.
Preferred Job Skills
- Provide leadership, promote teamwork, and act collaboratively to meet objectives.
- Experience leading teams and implementing projects with both business and technical participants.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with multiple priorities, sometimes under limited time constraints.
- Ability to build consensus with a diverse team in an ever-changing environment.
- Expert knowledge designing highly redundant, scalable, multi-tier enterprise transaction processing systems from front end to back end.
- Experience with cloud architecture.
- Knowledge of HIPAA security and privacy standards.
- In depth knowledge of healthcare and health plan data structures and business processes and workflows.