|Reference # : ||18-00976
||Title : ||Windows System Administrator with Sharepoint|
|Position Type : ||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||04/16/2018 / 10/19/2018
| Description |
This position assists in creating processes and performing tasks needed to maintain the overall integrity and reliability of Windows contained in a VMware environment. Meets long-term requirements of the Systems and Network teams.
o Responsible for the administration, installation, configuration and maintenance of Windows Server and VMware operating systems, mostly contained in virtual environments, moderate work on physical servers may apply.
o Diagnose, root cause analysis, and problem resolution in Windows environments.
o Performance tuning of operating systems and applications.
o Create and/or edit policies, work instructions, and associated server documentation.
o Support existing server infrastructure in an on-call capacity as part of a team rotation
o Implement defined changes to existing operating system infrastructure including patches, users, and file systems.
o Maintain and update operating system versions and toolsets to improve security and stability
o Support the company's commitment to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data
o Education or experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering
o Five or more years work experience in a medium to large scale enterprise.
o Extensive experience with a multi-domain Active Directory environment.
o Knowledge of data encryption methods and practices.
o Extensive knowledge of Microsoft tools.
o Aptitude to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
o Effective verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
o Background and drug screen.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Administration of SharePoint
- A SharePoint administrator works in the IT department of a company and manages the function and activity of the business's SharePoint software
- SharePoint includes troubleshooting site issues, overseeing the work of SharePoint developers, and analyzing all user activity.
- Monitors SharePoint software for any glitches or problems.
- Troubleshoots issues promptly.
- Oversees activity pertaining to the maintenance of SharePoint.
- Manages and revises the layout of the site.
- Customizes SharePoint site for company purposes.
- Maintains records of SharePoint updates, maintenance, and activity.
- Reports to company management with updates and information about SharePoint use.
- Provides technical support for SharePoint users.
- Addresses questions or concerns from business owners or directors regarding the function of the software.
- Keeps apprised of Microsoft updates to SharePoint software.
- Applies updates to company's edition of SharePoint as necessary.
- Holds training and informational sessions to teach employees how to use SharePoint.
- Consults with management to devise the most useful ways to apply SharePoint to a business's goals.