|Reference # : ||17-01910
||Title : ||Linux System Administrator|
San Antonio, TX
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||12/05/2017
| Description |
US Federal Government Contract, w2 only. Must be us citizen
Provides technical and operational support for the day to day operations of the Windows/Linux server infrastructure.
This role includes some or all of the following key responsibilities:
• Installs, configures, and troubleshoots operating systems and related software to ensure application servers are built and maintained to meet business service levels
• Responsible for monitoring systems operations efficiencies through the use of automation and configuration of infrastructure management tools.
• Provides support on the planning and implementation of all required preventative and reactive maintenance activities such as Windows updates, patches etc.
• Provides support on adding/removing users from network, resetting passwords.
• Updates operations documentation, and documents installation instructions Installs, configures, and troubleshoots operating systems and related software to ensure application servers are built and maintained.
• Monitors Licensing and Support Contracts on current systems procuring hardware/software to support the shared project infrastructure.
• Manage relationship with application vendors and ensure they are meeting all service levels and responsibilities.
• Reports to the Project Lead on the project. Administratively reports to Tech Arch Capability Lead
• Also reports to the Service Delivery Manager (SDM)
- Minimum 2 years of experience on LINUX or windows environments.
- 1 year working knowledge of VMware (VMware5.1) and virtualization and Network Hardware.
- At least 1 full year of experience related to one of the following (risk assessments, security policy development, security strategy, general IT and security controls development, compliance readiness (i.e. NIST 800 Series, RMF, DIACAP, FISMA, FedRAMP, FIPS) or technical security architecture/design.
Education Level: High school diploma and 2 year associate degree or equivalent work experience
Hours per week: 40
- Bachelor's degree in a technical area
- Certification or prior experience in System Administration
- 4-5 years of solid hands on information security experience.
- SSCP or CEH certified
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and writing skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment