|Reference # : ||17-01661
||Title : ||Risk Validation Manager|
|Position Type : ||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||11/27/2017 / 03/30/2018
| Description |
The Risk Manager will attest to the quality of the control environment across the first line of defense by performing validation of operational and compliance controls identified through the Risk and Control Self Assessments, Process Level Assessments and Product and Compliance Risk Assessments. This position will be responsible for documenting RCM's and the results of RCSA's, validation, preparing work papers to evidence validation methods, and drafting final reports for customers summarizing validation results.
· Independently identify risk through undefined processes or ways that are not pre-determined.
- Perform validation of identified operational and compliance risk controls to ensure they have adequate governance, evidence of execution, and appropriate monitoring and escalation.
- Document validation results, prepare work papers to evidence validation methods, and draft final reports for customers summarizing validation results.
- Ensure issues are properly reported to business areas and remediated appropriately.
- Perform and support detailed data analysis to include trending and issue identification.
- Identify emerging risks, process improvements, or areas for increased training through the analysis of results.
· Support procedure reviews and document updates.
· Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills; develop communications (written and presented) to support findings.
· Assist with compiling metrics.
· Provide effective challenge to the business where appropriate.
· Demonstrate problem-solving and analysis skills with attention to detail.
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with business partners while adhering to the highest ethical standards required for independent validation.
- Manage work across organizational lines to achieve results and manage competing priorities.
- Support the company's commitment to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.
- Education and experience typically obtained through completion of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Four or more years of audit, operational risk or other risk management experience or four or more years testing and quality assurance experience, preferably with a financial institution.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence and guide others.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Highly organized, detail oriented combined with excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Approved background and drug screen is required.
- Five plus years of operational risk management experience.
- Experience writing test scripts.