UX Designer Job Description
This UX (User Experience Analyst) will function as a "voice of the user " by determining what users are trying to accomplish, what are their expectations, what is their desired experience, and determine opportunities to improve application usability. The BA/UX ensures that user needs, limitations, and attitudes are accounted for in the design. This role will be responsible for designing and conducting user-centered design research and usability testing and have the ability to create detailed screen wireframes to effectively communicate designs to product management, design, and development teams.
1. Meet with clients to gather information and to define audience needs. Translate those into concepts for compelling interactions and user experience.
2. Document functional/business requirements, user stories and prototype user experience and interaction specifications.
3. Work closely within a multidisciplinary team; including Business Analysts, programmers, QA, and implementation facilitators.
4. Plan user research activities such as participant recruiting and scheduling, materials production, and other logistics.
5. Facilitate design, concept and prototype sessions; develop an effective and efficient prototyping/storyboard process to communicate user experience visions to stakeholders.
6. Translate research findings into actionable, prioritized recommendations.
7. Possess technical knowledge to be able to effectively explain design and functionality requirements to team members and customers.
8. Develop wireframe-quality mockups of screens and interaction designs, as well as document process flow.
1. 3-5 years of experience in user research and user interface design.
2. Must possess a thorough understanding of best practices, Agile practices, and UI design.
3. Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects.
4. Able to produce results independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
6. Understanding of graphic designing or UI designing concepts.
7. Outstanding communication, organization, time management, and interpersonal skills.