Multimedia Architecture Engineer
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Type: Contract - 1 year
RTC Multimedia team goal is to challenge current methodologies and bring about innovation for collaboration in the conferencing space. Our goal is to increase reliability and quality of the products we release, improve on our ability to architect solutions that increase our clients productivity. By strengthening our bench, we would benefit greatly from the healthy exchange of ideas, knowledge sharing and the ability to have coverage on large projects.
This individual is to foster new workflow designs, bring about strategic viewpoints and other initiatives to help develop the Multimedia Eco system development. We expect this individual to meet with manufacturers and vendors with view to keep on top of trending technology and market research that will help us to appropriately re-define our product offerings. We expect that this person would be able to liaise with Corporate Real Estate on capital projects partnering with their organization to deliver high-end technology around the architectural designs. This individual would work primarily on projects in the Americas but also work with the global team to influence deployments elsewhere.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or relative experience
• 15+ years of broad range experience in AV Systems Design and Engineering having some expertise in Broadcast Systems
• Ability to work in a fast-paced corporate environment
• Ability to communicate ideas clearly, written and verbal communication skills; able to interface with clients
• Meticulous and having strong attention to detail
• Ability to manage time and handle multiple projects at once
• Resourceful and self-motivated individual, able to work independently as well as in a collaborative environment
• Able to develop and document best practices and standard operating procedures
• Strong analytical skills; able to solve for complex technical issues
• Strong understanding of audio processing; digital signal processing
• Programming experience is a plus (AMX, Crestron, Extron)
• Solid understanding of IP networking
• Understanding of AV design principals applying based on room sizes, seating arrangements, screen size and viewing angles etc.
• Demonstrate a passion for new and trending AV technology, embrace new directions and visions in the industry
• Must possess skills to create detailed signal flows; create high level conceptual drawings; proficient in AutoCAD, Visio
• Working knowledge of video conferencing components (Cisco/Polycom) and display technology (LED/DLP/LCD)
• Experience with media transport and digital routing (Evertz)
• Extensive knowledge of AV and Broadcast gear; familiar with product specifications (audio/video/network I/O)
• Understanding of multiple standards and workflows SD/HD-SDI, HDMI, MPEG, NTSC etc.
• Experience in audio mixing using digital signal processors (Polycom Sound Structure, Clearone)
• Experience with digital networking technology for audio processing (Dante/QSC Q-SYS)
• Audio Visual industry certification preferred (CTS-D)
• Must be familiar with Architectural terminology, construction materials and practices
• Demonstrate intricate understanding of acoustics and lighting to applicable applications
• Good documentation and project management skills including financial planning capabilities
• Designing and documenting proposed solutions; including BOM and diagrams
• Match AV solutions to client requirements; identify any custom development requirements