|Reference # : ||17-00779
||Title : ||Active Directory/VMS IT Engineer|
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||08/07/2017
| Description |
- Demonstrated experience and expert knowledge in VMS and Active Directory.
- Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- Five (5) years of experience administering IT infrastructure systems.
- Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience may substitute
- A Valid and verifiable IT certifications such as MCSE, CompTIA Server+, VMware certified Professional, CCNA, can be considered as post high school coursework
- Capable of performing technical work of considerable difficulty in the coordination, planning, design, installation, and maintenance of information technology solutions including computers, security, networking, servers, processes, and facilities under general supervision.
Example of Duties
TYPICAL CLASSIFICATION ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Research, evaluate, recommend, install, maintain, and upgrade information technology solutions to ensure the desired performance.
- Analyze requirements, designs, and implements solutions for IT infrastructure security, integrity, reliability, and functionality of IT infrastructure solutions.
- Prepare specifications and operational procedures of these solutions as well as the selection, installation, testing, and acceptance of the components.
- Monitor performance of IT systems using management tools and assist in planning for system expansion and enhancements.
- Configure hardware and software to insure the desired performance of equipment.
- Maintain standards for installation and repair work with regard to the quality of materials, workmanship, and safety precautions exercised throughout the operation.
- Interact with co-workers and vendors to obtain and disseminate information, assign tasks, provide advice on projects, and coordinate activities.
- Work with other technicians to develop IT solutions.
- Test, implement, and maintain integration hardware and software between operating systems.
- Perform troubleshooting to isolate, diagnose, and resolve advanced IT problems.
- Research, recommend, implement, and monitor security for Pinal County IT networks.
- Perform Team Lead duties as required including but not limited to assigning tasks, training, technical support, and feedback on performance.
- Plan, track, report, and analyze team performance, track and measure response to incidents, performance measures, and assist as needed and assure proper documentation of changes to systems and applications.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, customer records, and restricted County information.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Knowledge of managing VMware, SANs, group policy, active directory, domain controllers, DNS, and DHCP.
- Valid Arizona State Driver's License.
- May be required to obtain additional specific skills training and technical certifications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of project management principles, tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of Pinal County hardware, software, and infrastructure, including maintenance and integration issues.
- Knowledge of principles of IT infrastructure system development and systems integration in a public sector environment.
- Knowledge of database systems integration, system access, security guidelines, and quality assurance procedures.
- Skill in analyzing IT project issues, evaluating alternatives, and recommending methods, procedures, and techniques for resolution of complex operational issues.
- Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands and effectively distributing workload.
- Ability to work independently in a technical environment with interlinked and changing priorities.
- Ability to initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control, and close IT projects.