Large Logistics Local Company looking for an IT Director responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT functions at the location. This includes directing all IT operations to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions. This is fast pace environment where the right candidate must continuously contribute to the growth and success of the company.
Required Education and Experience
- Analyzes complex business needs presented by the user community and/or clients and recommends technical solutions.
- Ensures the consistency and maintainability of existing applications by creating, maintaining, and enforcing standards/procedures for implementing technical solutions.
- Directs operations in executing production tasks according to a documented schedule that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Produces detailed time line for each application release and implements effective project control by monitoring the progress of the software release and reporting the status.
- Directs and prioritizes the work load of subordinate personnel.
- Reviews all designs, code and unit test plans where applicable.
- Approves all business requirements prior to the technical solution.
- Participates on all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
- Represents the IT function at customer review meeting when appropriate.
- Directs education programs for her/his staff.
- Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications or trouble shooting.
- Performs salary administration and conducts interviews and makes recommendations for new hires, consultants and/or replacement personnel.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field or related experience.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience within information technology.
- Experience in the most current technologies and products used in the industry.
- Experience working in Logistic Environment is a plus.
- Fully bilingual (English ? Spanish)
- Technical Capability ? Strong experience with Database Administration, (programs back up, index optimization, corrupted data investigation).
- Strong experience developing applications with .Net, ASP.net, SQL 2008, HTML, and Visual Basic.
- Business Acumen.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Customer/Client Focus. Leadership.
- Supervisory Responsibility - This position manages all employees of the department (staff of 6) and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.