|Reference # : ||17-00634
||Title : ||Database Developer|
|Position Type : ||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||06/14/2017
| Description |
RCM Technologies is a leading provider of IT Business Solutions and Professional Engineering Services to over 1,000 clients in the commercial and government sectors. RCM partners with clients to define, implement, and manage a broad range of technologies across multiple platforms, systems, and networks. Our broad geographic presence ensures that a proven and reliable tactical and strategic capability is available and deployable virtually everywhere in North America. RCM Technologies is looking for a Senior Database Developer; this is a contract to hire position.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for the following:
Support for writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata);
- Providing database support for development and deployment of database scripts in Development, Test, Pre-Production and Production environments.
- Provide database administration support for application development teams for Maintenance and Emergency software releases.
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users;
- Installing and testing new versions of the DBMS to determine appropriate benefits to the Federal program;
- Maintaining data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act;
- Ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly;
- Communicating regularly with technical, applications, and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security;
- Assist customers with issues related to various applications involving issues with PL/SQL code, UNIX shell scripts, cron jobs, and Pro*C code running in development and production environments.
- Develop Oracle stored procedures, packages, functions, and triggers in support of new applications being deployed.
- Recommending solutions by defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, data back-up, and recovery specifications;
- Implementing new releases and completing maintenance requirements.
- Controlling access permissions and privileges;
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans.
- Develop and execute migration strategies for migrating large databases to Oracle Exadata.
- Exalogic server migration, performance testing and troubleshooting.
- Highly proficient in core DBA skills spanning multiple releases like Oracle 10g, 11g and 12c
- Experience with PL/SQL, SQL Queries, procedures, triggers, and DDL
- Hands on experience in DB application development
Education & Certification:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 6-7 years of professional experience; or 5 years of professional experience with a related Master's degree. Considered an emerging authority.
- Experience with Informatics ETL
- Experience with WebLogic installation
- Experience with Performance tuning (DB, SQL, PL/SQL)
- Proficient with Oracle utilities such as data bump, SQL Loader
- Experience in writing and modifying UNIX Shell Scripts
- -Certified Oracle Administrator
- Experience with Oracle 11g Exadata and Exalogic architecture, Oracle 10G/11G, Oracle Web Forms and reports, Oracle 11g WebLogic, Oracle Internet Directory (OID), Oracle Access Manager, Oracle WorkFlow, Oracle SOA