|Reference # : ||17-00436
||Title : ||Tier II Technical Product Support|
Falls Church, VA
|Experience Level : ||5 Years
||Start Date : ||05/01/2017
| Description |
RCM Technologies is a leading provider of IT Business Solutions and Professional Engineering Services to over 1,000 clients in the commercial and government sectors. RCM partners with clients to define, implement, and manage a broad range of technologies across multiple platforms, systems, and networks.
Our broad geographic presence ensures that a proven and reliable tactical and strategic capability is available and deployable virtually everywhere in North America.
RCM Technologies has an immediate need for a Tier II Technical Product Support Specialist (TPSS). The TPSS will be responsible for providing IP/Internet/Networking/IT systems expertise support to support teams, in particular, configuring, maintaining and repairing IP-based Video solution and should have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and application components. The TPSS will also serve as client-facing support role for our national clients and will be responsible for service satisfaction and problem resolution of client issues.
The TPSS is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to our national accounts, socialize the value proposition and represent client needs and goals within the organization to ensure quality.
In addition, this individual will build relationships with clients in order to encourage new and repeat business opportunities.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the fundamentals behind the Internet and its workings (OSI model, DNS, Security, IP Routing, TCP/IP Protocol, VPN, Firewalls, Port Forwarding, Spanning Tree Protocol)
- Configure and setup Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital business applications
- Setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications
- Maintain a thorough understanding of LAN and WAN
- Configuring and installing client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Managing assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Responding to inquiries from customers, staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors, etc to provide technical assistance and support
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues - network hardware and software
- Enter all correspondence and necessary information related to a case/ticket to a case management system
- Communicates the client's goals and represent the client's interests to the team.
- Reports to the National Accounts Manager, providing regular input on all support activity, including status and call reports as required
- Support, train other Customer Support Team members in handling Tier 1 issues/cases
- Proactively review and set up improvement in workflow / processes on setting up clients' video systems configuration (post on-site install) to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the organization to support clients
- Instruct, Document and create training videos
- Any other duties as assigned by management
Candidates must have excellent communication skills- written, verbal. Previous training and presentation skills are needed in order to be successful for this opportunity
- 2 – 5 years of experience in a customer facing technical support role
- Preferred Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Communication or Information Technology
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a small business environment
- Analytical and strategic thinker with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve customer concerns
- Availability in response to needs of the customer for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions
- Some experience in managing a team preferred
- Minimum travel to customer sites
- Must be willing to participate in and pass the company's pre-employment screening process including a background investigation, drug screening and driving record.
- Must be able to meet and continue to meet state licensing requirements for security.
- Must be able to meet client background and suitability screening when required to access client's data and/or site.