|Reference # : ||17-00435
||Title : ||Service Technician|
Falls Church, VA
|Position Type : ||Right to Hire|
|Experience Level : ||5 Years
||Start Date : ||04/18/2017
| Description |
| RCM Technologies is a leading provider of IT Business Solutions and Professional Engineering Services to over 1,000 clients in the commercial and government sectors. RCM partners with clients to define, implement, and manage a broad range of technologies across multiple platforms, systems, and networks. |
Our broad geographic presence ensures that a proven and reliable tactical and strategic capability is available and deployable virtually everywhere in North America.
RCM Technologies has an immediate need for Service Technicians
The Service Technician will test, troubleshoot and repair all aspects of our security systems including access control, CCTV, and video systems at customer sites. To that end, the Service Technician interacts directly with the client, client representatives, other contractors and internal personnel to ensure a successful service and repair solutions.
The Service Technician will ensure that service orders are completed accurately and on time, and that these services meet or exceed client expectations
- Service and repair access controls, security components and CCTV.
- Experience installing and troubleshooting access control systems such as Software House, Lenel, AMAG or other comparable systems
- Experience with burglar alarm panels such as Client, ADT and/or DMP
- Interface with customers to insure their complete confidence in the security industry
- Verify completed work is documented accurately and consult with manager to resolve discrepancies.
- Maintain and protect building keys to customer buildings.
- All other duties as reasonably assigned
- Five years of experience in the alarm, access control, CCTV and Networking.
- Work history must display stability and consistent attendance.
- Demonstrated ability to accept responsibility and carry out assigned tasks with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of building codes pertaining to construction, fire and electrical systems.
- Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams.
- Networking, Computers, Alarm systems, Access Controls and CCTV.
- Aptitude in basic programming
- Thorough knowledge installation techniques.
- Solid understanding of PIR technology, Doppler theory and AC/DC theory.
- Thorough knowledge of electronic testing equipment, hand and power tools.
- Proficient with MS Windows 7, MS Word & MS Excel
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to use metering devices.
- Must be able to distinguish colors
- Ability to write and maintain accurate and concise daily records
- Ability to interface and communicate with customers and co-workers in a clear and professional manner.
- Self-motivated and excellent attention to detail.
- Must be available to work overtime, weeknights, and/or weekends as needed.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this role, the employee may be required to talk and hear face-to-face and while using telecommunication devices; sit for long periods of time; use hands and fingers to handle or feel, and manipulate standard keyboard, mouse and office equipment; stand, walk, and reach; lift and carry with arms and hands; use close vision; and be able to adjust visual focus.
The employee must be physically and mentally capable of functioning effectively for extended periods of time and consistently produce organized thoughts and execute sound judgment in environments with:
Moderate to high levels of stress
Competing demands and dynamic response required
Open floor plans with ambient noise and activity consistent with office or call center work
by automobile, plane and other modes of public transportation may be required.
Must be able to:
- Lift and carry up to 75 pounds
- work unsupervised
- work closely with others/ as part of a team
- work under close supervision
- work in enclosed spaces
- use color vision to distinguish colored wires, signals, other lighting devices,
- use and manipulate hand tools, small power tools, communication and diagnostic devices
The following work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the employee will encounter while performing the duties of his/her job;
- the employee is subject to prevailing weather conditions at the time,
- the noise level in the office environment is usually quiet to moderate