As WebSphere MQ Engineer you will participate and contribute in initiatives that improve overall product quality. You will contribute to application testing and provide customer focus to produce high quality products globally. This role reports to the IT Sr. Manager.
· This position is responsible for working on projects and engagements assigned to them and deliver it on time with quality
· This position is responsible for possessing and developing a detailed understanding of WebSphere MQ
· Accountable for providing maximum system availability and uptime for our WebSphere environments
· This position is responsible for understanding the application, including upstream and downstream dependencies, and provide the best solution for the project/engagement they are assigned to
· This position is responsible for installation, implementation, upgrading, performance, security, patching and monitoring of Dell's Global WebSphere MQ environment
· This position is responsible for timely and accurate completion of other tasks as defined by the Manager of Middleware – WebSphere Systems.
· This position is required to participate in an "on-call” rotation
· Bachelor of Science in Information Technology or equivalent with 6+ years of overall IT experience
· 3-4 years of experience as MQ Engineer
· Experience with installing, patching, upgrading, administering, scripting and maintaining WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment clustered environments
· Excellent communication skills, including the ability to clearly and succinctly communicate technical issues in English to individuals with various technical backgrounds
· 24/7/365 on-call availability
· IBM Certified System Administrator – WebSphere MQ Series - desirable