|Reference # : ||17-00345
||Title : ||Systems Security Engineer|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||03/27/2017
| Description |
Depending on the qualified candidate, the location could be either Mobile, AL, Lafayette, IN, or Parsippany, NJ
Systems Engineer ? Security
Provide engineering skills to create and operate the Security Management Infrastructure in order to support business processes for S -IT affiliates, and interest to meet the requirements of performance, reliability, and project time constraints in the most cost effective manner. Provide the technical expertise to develop, modify, maintain and support such systems.
Participate in the Security competency center to assure efficient execution of global standards and minimize total cost of ownership. Monitor solutions in place, and develop new solutions as they become available in order to increase service and reduce costs.
Provide Development and Support of Security Management Systems like Cisco Security Manager (CSM), Device Expert, FireMon. Further develop methodologies and work flows to enhance the delivery of security infrastructure services. Act as liaison between IT Security and Audit groups. Develop Security Compliance Review, Reporting and Remediation architecture in accordance to audit requirements. Coordination and Documentation of Security Processes. Have a full understanding of the User Helpdesk and Security processes, including incident handling, problem management, escalation procedures, and change management. Remain up-to-date on new technologies and vendor innovations to reduce technology costs and increase efficiencies. Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment. Excellent customer service focus and analytical problem solving abilities. Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication and presentation skills. Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail and process development. Knowledge and experience with Cisco ASA and IPS systems. Knowledge of Cisco firewall technologies (NG, routed, transparent, single \ multiple context). Strong engineering skills are mandatory.
- Provide technical skills to create/ maintain Security infrastructure to support business processes for client and affiliates plants and facilities in the most cost effective manner, while building a solid knowledge base for continued support of those facilities.
Candidate Qualifications and Experience:
- Technical knowledge is required in a broad range of sub-fields, often considered separate specialties, such as Internetwork Operating Systems (LAN \ WAN), with the ability to translate this knowledge into a persuasive presentation to the customer.
- The incumbent must have a thorough knowledge of theory, analysis and application of computers systems,, networks and emerging computer technologies.
- This position requires a self-directed, motivated and inquisitive individual, who is analytical and capable of "big picture? thinking. Ability to perceive the importance of solutions to the business, with an in-depth knowledge of corporate and technical standards and policies.
- Excellent customer focus and communication skills with the ability to understand, review, and ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements (SLA's). Self-learning, intercultural teamwork, with strong conflict management skills will be significant keys to success.
- This position will be integrated into the CSS global organization. Work must be coordinated with other disciplines, and S-IT world wide. Often involves finding creative technical solutions to various design problems.
- Challenges include working under pressure of project deadlines, keeping up with ever-changing technology, and integrating diverse systems.
- Participation and representation in outside vendor projects (e.g. hurricane testing, DST change, etc.)
- Experience and knowledge of the ITIL process.
- Experience and knowledge of GMP/GxP environments.
- Vocational degree in related field and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of Network engineering experience (Security focus) in a Global Enterprise Environment.
- 5+ years experience with Cisco equipment designing, evaluating and recommending networking solutions.
- Develop high-level design documentation.
- Plan, Design, and Implement Security infrastructure within the given assignment
- Troubleshooting and problem solving for network security issues.
- Configure and assist with implementation of network hardware, including routers, switches, security appliances, etc.
- Create and maintain network documentation as it relates to network topology, equipment, and configuration.
- Interact and negotiate with customers, vendors, consultants, and contractors to design and implement security network solutions.
- Develop and make use of standard operating procedures and applications for service, change, incident management.
- Coordinate resources and vendors in performing installation, relocation, and other specific tasks.
- Work with vendor personnel, if necessary, to achieve timely resolution of Security problems.
- Evaluate and monitor vendor performance as it relates to standards.
- Must be willing to travel to support customer locations across the United States
In depth knowledge of networking in an enterprise environment of Cisco equipment, with a strong focus on Security (Cisco ASAs firewalls).
Able to engage in dialog with customers and colleagues (regional \ international) to understand experiences, ideas, pitfalls to a particular topic and further develop processes based on those engagements
Innovative, self-motivated, process oriented, works well under pressure.
With over 35 years of experience delivering complex business IT solutions and services RCM has experienced numerous waves of technological and business process advances. We pride ourselves on our successes in understanding the nuances of these advances and delivering value added solutions based on what our clients' needs demand. With extensive knowledge and years of technical and business process experience, RCM integrates business consulting, software, training, and IT services into proven business solutions in mid-market space.
We look forward to hearing from you!