|Reference # : ||17-00335
||Title : ||Sr Quality Assurance Engineer|
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||03/27/2017
| Description |
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining a division-wide, IAFT 16949 compliant program, to assure that all products manufactured meet customer and company specifications and achieve superior quality and reliability levels. Specific emphasis will be on the integration of the Global Operations Center's automotive processes to the manufacturing location. Acting as a champion of both the IAFT 16949 and the coupled ISO9001 2015 systems, the position is the project leader and is directly responsible for the successful implementation, audit and follow-up action necessary to achieve IAFT certification in Q3, 2018. Neither Headquarters nor the manufacturing facility have experience in either IATF 16949 or ISO 9001 2015. Therefore, this role acts as trainer, coach and facilitator to infuse the requisite content into the respective employee's processes who are charged with maintaining the process post implementation. This position also will drive supplier quality via proactive process auditing and follow-up activities.
PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES ? ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Create a cross functional Gant chart representative of an IAFT gap analysis, capturing all required tasks needed to meet the certification timeline.
- Lead standing meetings in groups and/or one on one to support the creation of the needed infrastructure. This will entail writing the documentation in many cases.
- Work out of Corp Office in MA and travel to Pittsburgh PA on a regularly scheduled basis to build the infrastructure with the local Team. May also work out of Pittsburg PA and travel to MA on a regular basis.
- Provide weekly reporting to leadership highlighting accomplishments, issues and all concerns relative to the IATF 16949 certification project.
- Develop and submit PPAP documents for new product launches and/or modified product/processes to meet customer requirements.
- Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Review and analyze results. Recommend changes to processes based upon findings and perform follow up to verify effectiveness.
- Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning activities to determine appropriate use of existing and new measurement systems during new tool or process design and start-up.
- Participate in the development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) per customer expectations.
- Audit all internal processes and drive corrective actions to closure.
- Lead supplier audit process, issuing quantifiable audit reports and driving corrective actions to closure.
- Recommend or implement the appropriate corrective action to quality problems, with the aid of Manufacturing, Engineering, Product Development, Purchasing, etc.
- Apply problem solving techniques (8D, 5-Why, FMEA, GR&R, MSA, etc.) and advanced statistical methods.
- Writes necessary quality plans, procedures, work instructions and related quality system documentation.
- Leads internal projects as assigned.
- Overall leadership responsibility for the IATF 16949/ISO9001 Quality Management System functions.
- This is a highly visible and dynamic position requiring strong leadership and facilitation skills to balance multiple priorities in a highly matrix/team based organization.
- This position reports to the Corporate Director of Quality.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
· Position plays a key role in establishing the systems drum beat for the global operation with specific emphasis on the automotive infrastructure. Solid communication and negotiation skills are required to advance the project through team members that are accountable for day-to-day operations.
· Position will engage with customers on special projects and/or failure analysis by providing detailed analytical analysis and requisite reports.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
· BS in Engineering is required.
· At least five years' experience in a IATF/TS 16949 manufacturing environment driving the process forward. Specific IAFT 16949 implementation experience is desired.
· Expert level capability and understanding of the automotive sector requirements (DFMEA, PFMEA, control plan, MSA, APQP, TS auditor).
· Domain knowledge in QA protocols related to problem solving tools and data analysis.
· Specific skills developing and executing DOE's with strong analytical/SPC background required.
· 30% travel to suppliers, customers and manufacturing sites is expected.
· Familiarity with Minitab is desirable.
MENTAL & PHYSICAL ASPECTS:
· Position requires a data driven, analytical mindset with a passion for the application of SPC to identify root causes of trends and/or failures.