RCM Technologies is a leading provider of IT Business Solutions and Professional Engineering Services to over 1,000 clients in the commercial and government sectors. RCM partners with clients to define, implement, and manage a broad range of technologies across multiple platforms, systems, and networks. Our broad geographic presence ensures that a proven and reliable tactical and strategic capability is available and deployable virtually everywhere in North America.
RCM Technologies has an immediate need for a JAVA Developer
This is a 6 month - and longer opportunity
Position - Java developer
The ideal candidate in this role designs, analyzes, develops, codes, tests, debugs and documents programming to satisfy business requirements/user stories. The candidate will be expected to continually look at improving the processes and procedures in the development life cycle and challenge areas that they see inefficient. This person is proficient in application development for a specific technology.
· Designs and develops user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; completing programming using Java, J2EE languages and conducting tests.
· Completes applications development by contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems.
· Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
· Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· The Java developer will develop and design enterprise-level solutions and applications while working as members of an AGILE Scrum Team.
· Proactively looks to develop and implement best practices across the entire project team and practicing continuous process improvement.
Required Technical Skills:
· 1-4 years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree -or- 4 years relevant work experience
· Experience using Java, J2EE and SOAP and REST web services. (BONUS)
· Knowledge of XML technologies and NoSQL database (Mark Logic/MongoDB).
· Proficiency developing and utilizing APIs in distributed and multi-tier architectures and web service.