|Reference # : ||17-00549
||Title : ||Senior Infrastructure PM|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||8 Years
||Start Date / End Date : ||05/19/2017 / 11/19/2017
| Description |
||Start Date: As soon as possible.
A HealthPartners Senior Project Manager is responsible for coordinating and directing major initiatives across HealthPartners technical and application infrastructure. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of an initiative; ensuring that the appropriate phases are defined and interdepartmental deliverables are coordinated. The person in this position communicates project adherence to the budget, timeline, and deliverables identified within the project scope.
- Manages and coordinates major initiatives across HealthPartners technical and application infrastructure.
- Develops and maintains project documentation, charters, work plans, and deliverables utilizing Project Office Methodology and tools.
- Assesses, plans, and implements mitigation strategies for identified risks; proactively escalates issues and devises contingency plans to stakeholders.
- Coordinates and manages resources; including vendor activities and relationships.
- Participates in budget management and contract negotiations as necessary to meet project deliverables.
- Identifies the project scope, goals, and critical success factors in consultation with business and sponsors.
- Analyzes project plans for dependencies; identifying critical path issues and other project dependencies.
- Identifies successful and unsuccessful project elements and actionable steps needed to incorporate or remove those elements from future project efforts.
- Coordinates and communicates project plans and activities across project participants and stakeholders as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Conducts project post mortems and creates lessons learned documentation.
- Plans, tracks and schedules project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Tracks and communicates project milestones and deliverables.
- Creates and maintains issue logs; coordinating and ensuring resolution of all outstanding project issues.
- Creates and maintains risk logs; creates and maintains mitigation plans for risks.
- Consults with Business sponsors, stakeholders and subject matter experts to guide business analysis and requirements documentation.
- Facilitates negotiations; ensuring issue resolution and effective cohesion across all project participants.
- Addresses performance issues within the project team; escalating when project deadlines, budget or deliverables are jeopardized.
- Offers coaching, consultation and mentoring to team members, customers, and staff active in project management activities.
- Provides guidance and work direction to Project Coordinators and Project Managers across HealthPartners.
- Initiates recommended changes to HealthPartners Project Management Methodology and Program Office Services.
- Provides consultation regarding project issues and difficulties; leading project recovery or strategic initiatives.
- Represents SME and Project team in a manner well respected by the project team, leadership and organization.
- Proven ability to organize, lead and influence the activity and performance of the organization.
- Promotes effective team collaboration among team sponsors, stakeholders and end users to meet project goals and objectives.
- Communicates with end users and can represent the project directly with audiences at multiple levels Guides end users so they understand project impact and end user instructions.
- Ability to simplify communication of difficult concepts at a level appropriate to the audience Demonstrates flexibility if the message is not being received as intended.
- Questions prioritization as project priority issues arise. Arranges priority discussions to resolve.
- Clearly communicates roles with stakeholders.
- Identifies and assigns risk. Seeks out uncertainty.
- Leads change definition.
- Analyzes stakeholder views and reacts to meet needs. Identifies and assigns tasks for Organizational Change Manager.
- Evaluates the impact to the organization and leads the effort to adapt the organization to the change.
- Provides internal solutions to issues; Seeks to deeply understand problems. Evaluates problems (critiques next steps, challenges to examine alternatives). Uses internal sources to vet the solution. Contributes to the project and its direction.
- Escalates to management to address possible solutions. Preps sponsor for any escalation needed to Executive Management
- Interacts to solve key issues, presents solutions.
- 5+ years of successful project management experiences (minimum of 4500 hours of Project Management Activities)
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience managing projects using different approaches (e.g. Waterfall, Agile,& Blended, etc.)
- Experience with arbitration and negotiation.
- Proven problem management and issue resolution skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Project Management Software tools and techniques.
- Proven presentation skills.
- Strong Business Analyst, Quality Control or SDLC background.
- For Agile Projects: Basic understanding of Agile fundamentals including scrum process, sprint cadence, team roles, story definition and story point estimation.
- Managing infrastructure projects.
- Four year college degree or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years & experience with information systems.
- 35 hours of Project Management Education through an accredited educational provider.
- PMP & Certification from the Project Management Institute or similar accreditation required.
- For PM leading Agile Projects: Certified & Scrum Master with demonstrated experience leading teams in Agile/Scrum, 1-3 years of experience.