RCM Technologies is a leading provider of IT Business Solutions and Professional Engineering Services to over 1,000 clients in the commercial and government sectors. RCM partners with clients to define, implement, and manage a broad range of technologies across multiple platforms, systems, and networks. Our broad geographic presence ensures that a proven and reliable tactical and strategic capability is available and deployable virtually everywhere in North America. RCM Technologies has an immediate need for a SharePoint Administrator with an Active Secret clearance in Washington, D.C.
The SharePoint Administrator is a highly valued and trusted position in our company as it directly interfaces with our client's live Production Environments. This individual will be primarily responsible for meticulously deploying new features and code updates into our customer's live production environments, and maintaining the health and security of each installation.
The work would be performed onsite in downtown Washington, DC.
• Support the Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) for the SharePoint environment. This includes coordinating comprehensive backup and restore plans for the databases, farm, and all supporting infrastructure.
• Deploy new applications and updates.
• Provide high level maintenance and support of SharePoint farms.
• Analyze, plan and implement the proposed farm architecture plan for the new farm which incorporates Hardware and Capacity Planning, Best practices and Governance.
• Proficient in Windows PowerShell, to include SharePoint PowerShell modules, to configure and administer SharePoint and automate tasks.
• Interact with clients as needed. Must be able to clearly convey complex blends of business and technical matters to a range of audiences; ability to articulate points clearly as well as concisely.
• Work with external vendors and IT staff to configure, implement and support Production by investigating and resolving defects in a timely fashion.
• Maintain and advance security protocols.
• Serve as a technical resource for our Help Desk, SharePoint Developers, and for our customer's IT staff.
• Support appropriate escalation procedures for high-level help desk problem resolution.
• Create and/or adhere to testing protocols and conduct smoke testing of all deployments/upgrades/fixes.
• Provides technical advice and training to other systems professionals and users.
• Occasional after-hours or weekend work may be required.
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field.
• 5-7 years of IT work experience.
• 5+ years of experience in SharePoint administration.
• Several years of progressively responsible experience in SharePoint farm administration supporting and managing and enterprise environment. Must have a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues, establishing and maintaining communication with key players and impacted parties.
• Familiarity with .NET programming environment.