Senior Java Developer - J2ee/Spring
Be a part of creating the right solutions. Eclaro is looking for a Senior Java Developer - J2ee/Spring for our client in Charlotte, NC.
Eclaro’s client is one of the world's largest financial institutions, committed to providing the tools and services that bridge the gap between customers and their goals. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
Our Client is looking for a Senior Java Developer with extensive experience in delivering high volume web applications. An opportunity to work on the team that delivers the client's customer facing web experiences, associated sales, marketing pages, and product application flows.
Responsible for team level contributions to overall application development efforts within portfolio application(s). These application program solutions may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools.
- Provides technical direction and oversight on creation of applications from E2E (end-to-end) perspective.
- Ensuring systems design, business requirements, and architecture of solution is well understood by involved parties and responsible for overall delivery of software products.
- Manages applications/ development projects, or complex initiatives of an area of the development function.
- Responsible for instructing, directing, and reviewing the work of other associates, contractors, and strategic partner resources that are part of their team.
- May provide input on performance management and personnel decisions.
- As appropriate, contributes to budget and forecast activities, monitors team progress, and works with Team Manager to adjust resource allocations and priorities accordingly.
- Will be a part of a team of developers delivering in a Agile environment.
- Expected to work directly with key stakeholders to understand the business requirements and design/deliver complex solutions.
- Responsible for utilizing best practices in order to ensure high quality software solutions.
- Comfortable building REST services to support Customer Facing UI as well as integrating with back-end SOAP/REST-based web services.
- Capable of leading smaller groups of developers in order to implement smaller features and provide guidance to more junior developers.
- Rapid design and implementation of complex solutions
- Providing feedback in code reviews for improvements
- Working with high energy in a collaborative environment
- Bringing improvement ideas to the team and driving the execution/implementation of those ideas
- Strong experience in Java development with a heavy focus on the Spring framework.
- Expert level knowledge of Java/J2EE (Java 7 or 8)
- Expert level knowledge of Java, Hibernate, Web Services (SOAP and REST), Messaging, Struts
- Spring, Spring batch and other Spring related technologies
- Spring Framework (3.2 or higher a requirement, Spring 4.2 or higher is a nice-to-have)
- Spring packages used: Core / Web / WebMVC / JDBC / Transaction Management / JMS / AOP / Context / Test / WS / Security
- Experience with Agile driven development
- Experience with test-driven development, placing a high value on modular design, unit testing and integration testing with Junit
- Experience with SOAP and RESTful Web Services utilizing XML and/or JSON (binding libraries - jaxb, Jackson, gson, etc.)
- Experience with Spring frameworks, including Spring Security
- Experience with Subversion, Maven, Nexus, Eclipse(or equivalent IDE)
- Experience with JBoss/Tomcat/WebSphere application servers
- Experience with MQ (WebSphere MQ or ActiveMQ)
- Experience with SQL (Oracle)
Interested in applying?
Contact Charly Vie at firstname.lastname@example.org now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.