|Reference # : ||18-03577
||Title : ||Payroll Analyst I|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||07/30/2018 / 03/29/2019
| Description |
|Job Title: Payroll Analyst I|
Location: Cambridge, MA
Duration: 8 months Contract
Due to an expected leave at client, there is an opportunity to join the payroll department and support the processing of monthly payrolls for our non-US employees, with some domestic payroll coverage. The Cambridge Payroll department is responsible for processing payroll for all Americas regions (currently Mexico, Costa Rica, Canada, Brazil and Argentina monthly payrolls along with bi weekly USA payroll in a multi-state environment), preparing on-line payroll data for the timely and accurate payment of employees, balancing of payroll reports and records, answering payroll inquiries and providing guidance to internal and external personnel.
- Participate as back up and support for timely and accurate preparation/audit/transmittal of bi-weekly domestic payroll and special pay runs as required.
- Ensure internal Time & Attendance procedures are in place and documented for closing international payroll periods.
- Initiate and audit data transfer between Oracle and ADP SPM for employee data transfer; troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies and other payroll issues.
- Calculate new hire, termination, and situational adjustments to pay.
- Create source reports accurately and timely.
- Process equity transactions and imputed income transactions according to all applicable policies and regulations.
- Prepare manual checks as requested or required.
- Maintain all relevant source documentation in appropriate format and location.
- Understand and review changes in legislation and impact to payroll in various countries.
- Research complex payroll and taxation questions and apply solutions to ensure proper treatment within payroll application for employee and governmental reporting.
- Perform pre- and post- transmission audit functions to assure proper documentation, data entry, and compliance with all SOX controls.
- Provide excellent customer service to support Akamai's employees, managers and other Stakeholders in resolving Payroll inquiries. 24-hour response/acknowledgement to all emails and service requests.
- Analyze control reports to determine appropriate corrective action to take when errors are discovered.
- Monitor and manage workflow to assure adherence to deadlines and completion of checklists in a fast paced environment.
- Reconcile all payroll related accounts, including tax withholdings, ESPP withholdings, 401(K) withholding, accrued payroll, and other accrued compensation.
- Prepare, review and distribute post payroll reports as requested or required based on business and regulatory requirements.
- Perform RRSP and other plan administration as necessary including funding, returns of excess, reversals, audits, true ups, loan monitoring and ad hoc requests within deadlines to assure compliance with regulatory standards
- Communicate timely and completely regarding risks and questions around deliverables
- Follow documented processes and checklists and assure documentation is updated when changes are made.
- Assist employees with access to electronic pay and tax information. Participate and contribute to other projects or responsibilities as required.
- Skill 1 ? 3-5 years ADP Streamline or other third party worldwide payroll vendor in a multiple country environment
- Skill 2 ? Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Skill 3 ? Advanced skills in Excel
- College degree preferred. Equivalent work experience in a payroll and finance environment may be substituted.
- Bilingual (Spanish) desirable
- 3-5 years' experience with ADP Streamline or other third party worldwide payroll vendor in a multiple country environment required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential data and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced skills in Excel, Word and report writers.
- Effective communication skills for a global environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions utilizing all available information.