|Reference # : ||18-00052
||Title : ||Security Solutions Architect|
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||12/14/2018 / 09/14/2019
| Description |
|At Trillium, we assist our clients in finding just the right candidates to fit their needs! They are currently seeking a Solution Architect to develop and maintain the high-level design plan for the overall logical and technical network architecture. This individual is a Senior Infrastructure Architect/Engineer with responsibility for complex enterprise infrastructure environments primarily focused on network technologies. This leader is responsible for maintaining network standards, strategic network roadmaps, and network solution designs across the organization. The Network Architect will gain organizational commitment for all high-level network infrastructure plans and initiate and participate in projects to evaluate technologies and methods for implementing these plans.|
- Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network resource administration and appropriate use.
- Develop and deploy methodologies for testing network performance and providing network performance statistics and reports.
- Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to Network Analysts, Network Engineers, Network Administrators, and other Architects.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies in support of network development efforts and recommend technologies that will increase cost effectiveness and network flexibility.
- Develop, document, make recommendations, and communicate plans for investing in network technologies, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
- Participate in the development of network strategies in collaboration with the executive team.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on products, services, protocols, and standards in support of all network procurement and development efforts.
- Ensure network services have sufficient capacity, stability, and agility to satisfy service level agreements with business units.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote network devices and appliances across the organization's network.
- Conduct research and make recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network procurement and development efforts.
- Design company LANs, WANs, IPT and Wireless networks, including routers, switches, appliances, Monitoring Solutions and other devices.
- Participate in negotiations with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Recommend improvements and/or alternatives on the company's existing systems architecture and technology portfolio.
- Review new and existing network design projects and procurement or outsourcing plans for compliance with standards and architectural plans.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization's executives, decision-makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent network activities.
- Lead and administrate a contingent of network administrators and engineers.
- Collaborate with end users and senior management to define business requirements for complex network development and gain buy-in for all network architecture plans.
- Manage and set priorities for the architectural design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all network infrastructures, including LANs, WANs, VMs, Internet, intranet, security, wireless implementations, and so on.
- Ensure compliance of network devices to Company standards in regard to device configuration and deployments.
- Define and maintain SOPs and quality standards
- Conduct feasibility studies for various upgrade projects, improvements, and other conversions.
- Ensure that the solutions being implemented are compliant with all relevant regulations, policies and procedures
- Significant experience in setting vision and strategy for the leveraged use of network technology and the executive communication skills to present and influence business partners and industry experts in line with the defined vision.
- 15+ years of overall enterprise IT experience.
- 12+ years' experience managing, developing and delivering strategic network architectural design and operational excellence.
- 12+ years' experience designing enterprise-wide LANs, WANs, WLANs, IP Telephony, VMs, virtual networks, etc.
- 12+ year' experience with Network Security including Cisco ASA 5500 Firewalls, IPS, DMZ, VPN, SIEM, TACACS+, Radius and Certificates
- Experience in a Global Regulated Organization; technical leader in a large, complex enterprise network environments
- Experience deploying Manufacturing Networks following ANSI ISA-99 Industry Standard.
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, SIP, IPsec, DNS/DHCP and SNMP.
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Perl or Python.
- Knowledge and understanding of system flow charts, traffic flow, and data processing concepts.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Extensive experience with developing strategic plans.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment both as an individual contributor and member of a cross-functional team
- Proven leadership and organizational skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- CCNP (Security and/or Routing & Switching) required.
- CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert) preferred.
- CISSP and ITIL a plus.