Business Risk and Control Monitoring Global Markets
Bank on a company that will help you reach your career goals. Eclaro is looking for a Business Risk and Control Monitoring Global Markets for our client in New York, NY.
Eclaro’s client is one of the largest banking firms in the world, with a prominent presence in large and fast-growing markets, providing products and services that enable businesses and economies to thrive. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
The Business Risk and Control Monitoring Global Markets will be managing and performing SOX testing in line with the internal SOX requirements.
The role covers 2 main areas:
- 1. 75% - Risk and Control Monitoring (BRCM): The role requires the management of the Risk & Control environment in Global Markets (and more specifically in Finance / Product Control). This involves:
- RCM control testing
- Regulatory compliance control testing
- Risk and control assessment
- Issues and actions managemen
- Incidents reporting
- 2. 25% - SOX project: As part of the Global Markets activity, the manager is expected to identify and document a number of SOX key controls forming of a global project to enhance the control framework. This includes documenting the controls, the narratives, the flowchart etc. in line with global guidance from the group headquarters in London.
- 5-7 year proven progressive experience in audit / internal control in the finance function of an investment bank, preferably in the SOX area
- Minimum of a bachelor degree in accounting, finance, related field or equivalent experience
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (CA) preferred.
- Strong communications, project management, accounting, analytical and leadership skills.
- A good candidate should feel comfortable dealing with people outside the department and those working on project in the various regions.
- Sound understanding of Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and best practices for compliance.
- Proficiency with personal computers as well as pertinent software packages
- Speaking Spanish is a plus as the role requires to work on the US, Canada and potentially Latin America processes.
If hired, you will enjoy the following Eclaro Benefits:
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan administered by Merrill Lynch
- Commuter Check Pretax Commuter Benefits
- Eligibility to purchase Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance through Eclaro
Interested in applying?
Contact Merly Villanueva at Merly@eclaro.com now.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.