|Reference # : ||18-00006
||Title : ||Senior Scala Software Engineer|
|Position Type : ||Direct Placement|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date : ||10/12/2018
| Description |
|At Trillium, we assist our clients in finding just the right candidates to fit their needs! They are currently seeking a Senior Scala Software Engineer to work with a team of peers to build out a new business area and rewards platform from the ground up. As a member of the team, you will work closely with other software engineers, Client, and stakeholders to design and develop a new rewards platform and all the supporting applications. Our client is looking for a passionate problem solver that is highly focused, agile, and who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative and team-centric environment using the latest technologies.|
- Work with a team of peers to architect, design and implement our new platform and supporting applications in the latest technologies.
- Apply technology to strategically solve business challenges.
- Identify, research and implement new technologies that improve efficiency, responsiveness, resiliency, and/or ease of development.
- Actively participate in and help evolve all adopted Agile/Lean/Kanban practices such as: TDD (Test Driven Development), BDD (Behavior Driven Development), stand-ups, retrospectives, continuous delivery, and knowledge sharing across team members.
- Aggressively and proactively test software throughout the development cycle using a TDD mindset - including unit testing, functional testing, load testing and automation.
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance engineers in test case construction, issue identification, as well as remediation and automation.
- Continuously improve, refine, and refactor software.
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- 2+ years of development using Scala or other functional languages
- 2+ years of development using Akka or similar frameworks
- 2+ years of experience on an Agile delivery team
- 7+ years of web-based development experience
- Understand, articulate, and conform to core functional and OOP programming principles.
- Experience with industry standard design patterns
- Experience working with and designing RESTful microservice architectures
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery using Git, Team City or similar tools
- A commitment to developing solid, tested, high performing valuable software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with a wide variety of people with varying technical skill sets and business knowledge
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Must be able to quickly assess problems and determine proper steps to resolution.
- Experience with Kafka, Spark, Mesos, NOSQL databases, or or similar streaming technologies highly preferred
- Ability to break down large projects into individual stories and MVPs (Minimum Viable Products)
- Extra credit if you have signed the Reactive Manifesto and are familiar with Reactive Programming concepts