Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Primary Skills: Information Security Engineer, Splunk Admin, Cyber Security,
Location: San Jose, CA
The ideal candidate will have a passion for cyber security, system monitoring and analysis, and developing/automating creative solutions.
As a Security Engineer, you will be expected to be skilled at identifying security gaps in infrastructure and process, effectively execute projects/initiatives to address them, demonstrate excellent judgment, prioritization and communication of technical security risks, and act as a security liaison supporting business units.
Key Responsibilities may include:
• Provide technical inputs, evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies
• Defines security configurations for threat detection and prevention tools
• Designs automated workflows to streamline security operations
• Monitors and proactively manages supported products and services to assure their performance, availability, security, and capacity.
• Researches, analyzes, and formulates recommendations regarding technologies, products, and solutions to fulfill requirements within the enterprise.
• Security tool administration and support(Network/Endpoint/Threat Hunting/Investigations)
• Tool deployment and implementation experience on a global scale
• Splunk Admin and Architecture related tasks
• Ability to debug configuration issues on different splunk components
• Understanding of Splunk configurations, dependencies, and forwarder management
• Understands Splunk architecture and components (search head, deployment server, cluster master, indexers, forwarders (HF/UF)
• Strong understanding of enterprise logging using syslog-ng, with a focus on security event logging
• Knowledge of system and network architecture and interrelationships (technical and functional).
• Designs, implements, configures, and manages solutions within the supported Linux technologies, products, and services.
• Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for operational tasks which leverage available resources and simplify operational overhead.
• Develop, implement, and execute standard procedures for the administration, content management, change management, version/patch management, and lifecycle management of the SIEM/Log Management platforms
• Minimum 8-10 years of experience in Security Administration
• Minimum 3 years of experience in implementing and managing Splunk in a large scale environment
• Must be well organized and able to leverage best practices, able to thrive in fast-paced environment, and, most importantly, have the ability to approach problems with an innovative, can-do attitude
• Demonstrates the ability to analyze and resolve issues independently
• Knowledge of project management tasks, experience creating application documentation, and demonstrated ability to train other team members.
• Manage maintenance, enhancements and upgrades for supported security systems using standard project methodology
• Preference for at least one current recognized security professional certification such as CISSP, GIAC
• Experience in working in a highly dynamic large scale enterprise
Please apply with your updated resume or please call Dipak at 408-907-3213
Apply by creating/using account