Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Our client, located in NYC, provides architecture, interior design and planning solutions for their corporate interior and retail clients.
Our client is looking for an Office Manager/Bookkeeper/Recruiter with a minimum of 5-7 years' experience preferably in the AEC industry.
The Office Manager will work directly with ownership and be responsible for handling the fundamental aspects of the firm including all financial aspects, HR, recruitment, office policies, and general administration. This role functions as a member of the management team and is responsible for managing the firm's day to day operations. It is important that candidates have clear communication skills, the ability to manage multiple projects efficiency, an excellent memory for detail, and a calm demeanor. This is position required candidates to wear multiple hats and become involved in all aspects of the firm.
Financial Responsibilities include:
- Full cycle accounts payable including building monthly invoicing in Quickbooks, reviewing invoices with ownership, making sure all proposal billing is included, and sending invoices out for review and payment
- All accounts receivable including processing client payments and follow up on client collections
- Prepare appropriate schedules and reports as requested by clients and ownership
- Creating budgets and analyzing variances/trends for increased efficiency and profitability
- Prepare general financial statements and reports
- Assist with payroll and make bank deposits
- Monitor office expenses including credit card reconciliation
- Collaborate with firm's Accountant for tax payments and return preparation
Office Responsibilities include:
- Organizing, maintaining, and promoting our work culture
- Create and maintain office operations and procedures
- Writing client proposal drafts and change orders
- Aiding with project management by creating project budgets and tracking billable time
- Excellent client meetings and client care
- Collaborate with the firm's PEO vendor for payroll, HR policy, benefit management, and employee data and record keeping
- Recruitments tasks such as writing and posting job ads, screening resumes, and introductory phone interviews
- Overseeing the onboarding of new employees
- Collaborate with outside vendors including IT services, printing, messengers, etc.
- Updating and maintaining internal databases, subscriptions, licenses, etc.
- General administration and Office Upkeep such as answering phones, ordering supplies, filing/archiving, and maintaining office function and appearance
- Strong organizational, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt and change priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Be proactive and have the ability to work independently
- BA/BS degree and a minimum of 5-7 years' office experience, preferable in an AEC environment
- At least 2 solid years' experience with Quickbooks
- Fluent in Microsoft Office (excellent Excel skills) and other common office software
- New York/Tri-State area resident preferred
- Be a U.S. citizen, or already possess a work visa for working in the U.S.
- Interest in architecture and design a plus
Competitive compensation and benefits package, including options for medical/dental/vision insurances, paid time-off, flexible spending account, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, 401K account, and performance based bonuses. Salary is commensurate with experience and motivation.
If you have the knowledge, skills, and experience for this role, please attach your resume and portfolio samples using one of our Application options on the webpage above - 1) Apply By Email Without Registering, or 2) Apply By Creating/Using Your Account. You may also use our email at email@example.com.
Join our Refer-a-Friend Program
Apply by creating/using account
Sign up for a Confidential Job Board Agent (Alert) or Job Board RSS Feed
Our confidential Job Board Alert will send you an Email when we post a new job that meets your specified criteria -
Allowing you to passively use the job board for positions without you having to return to our website each day. Click "Sign Up for Job Agent" above.
Or add our newest jobs tab to your favorites bar with an RSS feed above.
Copyright © 2017 All Rights Reserved