Search for More Jobs
Forward this job to a friend
Apply by email without Registering
Apply by creating/using account
Please enter your registered email address, and we'll email you a link to reset your password right away.
Position: High Performance Network Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
Direct Hire with Client/PERM ROLE
Salary: DOE (depending on experience)
The Technology Team is part of Infrastructure and is core to the execution of our business strategies. We optimize execution processes and develop new systems on the industry's most engaging technological challenges and provide the solutions of tomorrow. Our team of skilled professionals includes software developers, quantitative developers, architects, systems engineers, network engineers, and database administrators.
* Work as a part of a data-driven team responsible building performance sensitive infrastructure serving all aspects of electronic trading globally.
* Use and analyze application, network, and various other systematic data to design, implement, and continually refine Layer 1/2/3 network designs and implementations.
* Actively participate in the end-to-end system design, engineering, and ongoing refinement process; designs will focus on solving individual, complex problems locally, scaling them, and also interacting with legacy, heavily outed layer 3 networks.
* Optical provisioning and engineering - candidate should feel comfortable adding and changing capacity on large-scale DWDM networks, and be able to work on ROADM or fixed wavelength systems.
* Troubleshooting the entire system, from local host to destination exchange; candidate should be familiar and comfortable with the LINUX operating system, host based networking, and able to use and debug a variety of network interface cards.
* Aide in developing both data product and analysis tools for the ongoing refinement of the end-to-end infrastructure
* 5 years of relevant experience in building network-centric infrastructure and designing/deploying/supporting large networks
* Experience designing and maintaining multicast networks on a variety of hardware platforms / manufactures.
* Experience designing and supporting BGP and OSPF Layer 3 routing protocols
* Experience building and implementing network infrastructure to solve specific business problems
* Ability to use and interact with data - knowledge of python/perl/C or other languages and SQL; exposure to big data products such as Splunk and Grafana a plus.
* Mastery and super user level ability to use packet analysis tools such as Wireshark.
* Experience implementing and interacting with configuration control software such as ansible.
* Experience working in or desire to work in a RAD environment focused on rapid innovation and engineering cycles.
* Experience in the financial industry
* Full-stack debugging and troubleshooting abilities, in addition to exceptional network engineering skills
* Documented Experience in network separation/segmentation based on business requirements
* Experience building rigid and controlled peering networks.
* Documented experiencing owning and controlling a network topology from design through implementation; guaranteeing day over day performance and consistency.
Education: Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer
Engineering, or Computer Science; Masters Degree preferred.
Apply by creating/using account
ConsultNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Kinetix is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, age, military or veteran status, and other characteristics protected under federal, state and local law.